Problem with all the games

edited October 2009 in Game Support
I have a netbook with intel 256 mb graphic card.Whenever I launch The Tales of Monkey Island first chapter the pop up box comes and I click on the launch game button.Nothing happens for a minute or two and then suddenly the black loading screen with skull and bones in circle comes up and then windows comes up with an error.I did update my DirectX.

Also Sam and Max Season two worked flawlessly on my netbook.But when I launch the Wallace and Gromit demo the loading screen comes with words steady on and windows comws with a DLL error.

And now whenever I try to start Sam and Max Season two it shows the same DLL error.Please help!!

Just wanted to tell you that Sam and Max Season Two also worked on my very old celeron computer with a sick Intel graphic card.And Wallace and Gromit worked on my dual core pc with a 128 mb graphic card,the only problem being that wallace was invisible in the video.

Please help because I cant even play Sam and Max now which used to run flawlessly.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Can you give us some more details on the error messages?
    The more the merrier.
  • edited September 2009
    Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max gives the error
    DLL has encountered a error and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvienence.
    At the bottom are the two buttons of Send Error report and Dont Send.

ToMI doesnt come for a minute or two but Monkey Island101.exe is there in the processes.When the loading screen comes up I cant even see the mouse and then I open the task manager and it shows that monkey island is not respnding.
    Then I end it and this error comes up
    You chose to end the nonresponsive program,Telltale Games.
    Underneath are the 2 buttons of Send Error Report and Dont Send.

I know that ToMI probably wont work on my PC but I want to run Sam and Max which used to run perfectly until I installed ToMI and W&G.
  • edited September 2009
    Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max gives the error
    DLL has encountered a error and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvienence.
    At the bottom are the two buttons of Send Error report and Dont Send.

Does it specify which DLL has encountered an error?
  • edited September 2009
    Nope its just DLL.Its not the regular dll error which you get which is like dxd39.dll not found or something.
    Its just a normal windows error like how applications get an error like IE,firefox etc. except it does not state that Telltale Games or Sam and Max had an error or somethin,it just states DLL has error.
    Hope you can understand me:)
  • edited September 2009
    Hello?Anybody There?Please help.I dont care about playing W&G ot Tomi but I want to play my Sam and Max.
  • edited September 2009
    Do you install Microsoft Frameworks 3.5???
  • edited October 2009
    Yes I have it.Is that causing the problem because now I remember my Sam and Max used to work before I had installed it.
  • edited October 2009
    This forum can sure test anyone's patience.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    I really don't have a clue. I could take a look at your dxdiag information to at least do something.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then e.g. zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    First thing I would try is a clean boot:
    Msconfig for Windows XP:
    To Boot Clean in Windows XP

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
    4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
    5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    6. Click on the Services tab
    7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
    8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
    6. Click OK
    7. Click Restart
    8. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click OK
    4. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post

If that doesn't help, I would try updating some drivers. Acer doesn't seem to offer recent versions, therefore you could try the official ones:
    Audio: Realtek HDA
    Video: Sadly there is no newer one from Intel
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks for the response.I will try it and reply .:)
This discussion has been closed.