Hyperfixation/Special Interest (or Regular Interest) Thread

Hey everyone it's the annoying poster in the general chat lol. I want to mix it up a little and ask my fellow neurodivergent peeps what y'all's hyperfixations and special interests are and what interests my neurotypical peeps have. I'm very curious about what kinds of stuff people who love telltale like.

For me, my special interests are Sonic the Hedgehog, Professor Layton, Minecraft, Minecraft: Story Mode, and Vocaloid and a couple of my past hyperfixations have been Ace Attorney, Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood and manga), Homestuck, Overwatch, TF2, Undertale, and Junji Itou.

Please, please, please don't make fun of people's hyperfixations and special interests! This thread is to celebrate neurodivergent people and talk about things we love! If you're neurotypical, don't use our language and just tell me what you're passionate about! I'm still curious about what makes you happy and I'll be happy to listen and talk to y'all. Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm really out here thinking about the same thing at least once a day for the last 2433 days.

Any other fellow gamers relate?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ace Attorney

Oh fuck yeah! Hopefully we get that seventh main game sometime soon. At least we're more than likely getting DGS localized soon.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

For anyone curious on the subject of hyperfixations/special interests, I think this video, made by someone who has it, does a good rundown.

• Yesss. I'm decent enough with technology to homebrew my 3ds and apply cia patches on roms, so I was able to use the fan-made English patches for DGS. They apparently took down DGS2 off the app stores for some reason? I think it's because they don't want fans translating it, but it wouldn't be an issue in the first place if they released an official translation! I love Ace Attorney but Capcom needs to get their shit together lol.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ace Attorney Oh fuck yeah! Hopefully we get that seventh main game sometime soon. At least we're more than likely getting DGS localized soon.

• I appreciate you leaving this here! It's personally really hard to explain hyperfixations because it TECHNICALLY can be boiled down to "I cannot live a happy and fulfilling life without constantly thinking about a piece of media and devoting time/effort/money into that media and even when I do, it's hard to function without having the obsession of it, and without it, I become more depressed and my physical/mental health declines." without it sounding like it's an obsession when it's more than that with more nuance and affect over my life and isn't something I can ignore because it will always be apart of me. I love them, but yeesh they are incredibly annoying and draining. Thanks again!

dojo32161 posted: »

For anyone curious on the subject of hyperfixations/special interests, I think this video, made by someone who has it, does a good rundown.

• I started the year with a covid scare from my sister and decided to bury myself as deep into Dragon Age as I possibly could to cope, which in turn started me on this path of trying to collect every single piece of media from the Dragon Age franchise: novels, comics and physical copies of the games. I've also decided to do a thorough completionist replay of all the games, complimenting it with the other media tie-ins and some podcasts about the games. Honestly, it's been a blast!

• I've always wanted to get into Dragon Age! It seems very interesting and the character designs look awesome, but I don't know where to start. Where did you start?

I started the year with a covid scare from my sister and decided to bury myself as deep into Dragon Age as I possibly could to cope, which i

• There are too many for me to count. I am interested in a bunch of different random things.

• I started with Dragon Age Origins, which is the first game. It goes Origins -> Dragon Age 2 -> Inquisition. The games are the main piece of media and the novels and such are optional depending on if you want to learn more about the universe.

Origins is a 2009 game that leans on the more tactical side of things rather than on the action. A lot of people are turned off by the kinda dated combat of the first game, but the story and the RPG elements more than make up for it I'd say! The latter to games focus on a more fast paced action approach.

chronogeo posted: »

I've always wanted to get into Dragon Age! It seems very interesting and the character designs look awesome, but I don't know where to start. Where did you start?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.