"Here's Negan" Episode Discussion

Been looking forward to this episode (or the idea of it) for a while. Who doesn't love some Negan? People who left the show after Season 7 and 8.

...anyway, please comment! Before, after, during, whatever!

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2021

So I loved that episode. I thought it was great. Great acting, some fun Easter eggs (ha!). Hell, I even liked the nested story style. Better than the comic "Here's Negan", I think, although I liked how Dwight was in that story (it was nice to see Laura in this one!).

Also, Negan's last name, drum roll please...is Smith. Okay. Thanks.

• edited April 2021

Really liked the episode! I'd put it just behind the episode with Gabriel and Aaron.

Great acting, really good chemistry between Negan and Lucille (helps that their actors are married in real life), some neat callbacks and references, etc. I legitimately felt really bad for Negan when he finally returned to Lucille. Loved that the "goodbye" speech to Lucille towards the end was ripped straight from the comics. Though I really wish they let him drop a couple f bombs for it. It was also nice to see Laura again, would have been cool if it was Dwight but it wouldn't made sense in the timeline. There also seemed to be a really strong resemblance between re-animated Lucille and Alpha. I do think it's a bit weird that he smiled at Maggie at the end considering everything that happened in the episode. It felt really antagonistic.

Was it just me or was the lighting towards the end with Negan going full, well Negan, on Craven really similar to the season 7 premiere?

• edited April 2021

This episode was amazing.

I do think it's a bit weird that he smiled at Maggie at the end considering everything that happened in the episode. It felt really antagonistic.

To me it was more like a "i made peace with myself i'm free and fought hard to get here if you want to kill me then i hope you're ready" smile. Negan doesn't give a fuck anymore great ending.

lupinb0y posted: »

Really liked the episode! I'd put it just behind the episode with Gabriel and Aaron. Great acting, really good chemistry between Negan an

• Ah okay, that makes sense.

iFoRias posted: »

This episode was amazing. I do think it's a bit weird that he smiled at Maggie at the end considering everything that happened in the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.