Wallace and Gromit Episode 2 Stopped seeing save files!

edited September 2009 in Game Support
The Last Resort no longer recognizes my preferences and save files. Before we start you should know that I am in an admin account and I did not move the installation at all. I am a little frustrated as I was already 2/3rds of the way into the game yesterday.

I turn on my computer and load the game, and the graphics settings are off and my save file is not recognized. I checked the MyDocuments folder and everything is there so I don't know what is going on. Help!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Well you can try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Just make sure you tell it to save your save files and stuff. It may even be worth creating a backup just in case.
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

To update, I discovered that the saves are actually being recognized its just the little summary that appears in "The Story So Far" is just completely blank. It still loads and saves fine as I was able to play after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used a new preference file.

Here is the real problem. I started Wallace and Gromit episode 3 yesterday and the same thing happened to me. So the problem mainly lies with the preferences. For some reason it forgets my settings and defaults to Fullscreen off and some graphics setting lower than 800 x 600 (640x480?). I figure it has to be lower than that because the window starts very small and when I set it to 800x600 is grows in size. This is very annoying since I normally play at 1920x1080.

I set it once and it plays fine, then I restart my computer and it happens again. I have to delete the preference file and make a new one.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, that is a bit baffling. I'll have to get my installer guru involved. Unfortunately, he is swamped today getting Monkey 103 together. If you don't hear back from me sometime tomorrow, bump this thread.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2009
    I knew my ears were tingling. :)

What OS are you running under? Have you changed the location of your "My Documents" folder at all?
  • edited September 2009
    I am running under Windows XP. I didn't move any folders at all.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2009
    This is really strange and leads me to think there are other applciations that are effecting this.

What happens when you run the game, close it normally, then restart the game? You only state that you restart the computer, so I'd like to know what happens with-in the same boot.

Do you have any anti-virus or other security software installed? If so, which ones and what's their version numbers?
This discussion has been closed.