Telltale laid off most of their employees, reports suggest

Comments

• edited October 2023

This is big (if true) hoping it's not as dramatic as it looks like

Edit : they released a statement on this so it is true,damn at least the devs were paid this time but it definitely sucks for everyone involved.

• R.I.P New telltale?

• Why did they release the expanse anyway who even cared for that everyone wanted wolf 2

• Welp, Telltale isn't alone in this situation.

• edited October 2023

I hope they all find good work soon and everything works out relatively okay. Hopefully the game comes out, but it is weird that 'most' were laid off in early September yet the game was delayed out of 2023? Skybound saves the day again? I was thinking the Epic money would be enough to see them through this unusually long development time.

• Wait a second, this is the 5 year anniversary of the old Telltale shutting down and the layoffs happened again in the same month. Telltale, your lack of growing up is not okay in my book.

• edited October 2023

At least it seems like the laid off developers were paid this time, but jesus christ Telltale, how is it possible you keep fucking up again.

• Seems more based on economic problems generally than a company collapse. Which...well, people lose their jobs either way, so it sucks for them. Hopefully no one else does. Not a happy time.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2023

Apparently Geoff got a statement from Telltale.

I have received the following statement from @telltalegames regarding recent layoffs at the company. They say The Wolf Among Us 2 is still in production.

"Due to current market conditions, we regrettably had to let some of our Telltale team go recently. We did not take this action lightly, and our commitment to storytelling and finding new ways to do so remains the same. We are grateful to everyone for their dedication along this journey, and we are working to support everyone impacted. All projects currently in development are still in production, and we have no further updates at this time. " – Telltale

Edit: Seems Telltale posted theirs officially a few minutes afterwards:

• Either way, that's not a good sign.

dojo32161 posted: »

Apparently Geoff got a statement from Telltale. https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1710065610103640116 I have received the fo

• TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE

• I still have all my "Watch when Telltale finally dies completely" bookmarks I made way back when. I hope I don't have to use them.

• If only they had rescued Freelance Police... if only...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.