ToMI script run error

edited December 2009 in Game Support
When I try to start either either episode 2 or 3 of Monkey Island, the launch game screen causes a run error. It says that character 37667 in line 6 is an invalid argument. Episode 1 starts just fine.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I am having the script error in episode 3. Episode 2 starts fine. I have rebooted, unistalled, redownloaded it, and installed ep. 3 again.
  • edited September 2009
    Update: if i start Episode 3 of ToMI with the network disconnected I can get to the point where I can unlock it. I have a serial number I have to enter in but I can't get it back on the network to log into the server.

I am running IE8, 32bit color, 1600x1200 resolustion. (big monitor)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Hey Palmvos, I know it isn't the ideal solution, but in the wrapper you should see a manual unlock option. Send in that request code to support@telltalegames.com and they can get you set up with an offline activation code. Meanwhile I'll be looking into the script problem.
  • edited September 2009
    ok, started the mamual unlock process. on a whim I tried plugging the network cable back in and unlocking with the serial number. this time the server took it.

now the game starts fine with the network plugged in.:confused:
  • edited September 2009
    Palmvos' method worked for me. I pulled the plug on my router and started episode 2. When the launch window opened, I entered the serial number, then plugged the router back in. The game then started normally.
  • edited December 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Palmvos, I know it isn't the ideal solution, but in the wrapper you should see a manual unlock option. Send in that request code to support@telltalegames.com and they can get you set up with an offline activation code. Meanwhile I'll be looking into the script problem.

I have exactly the same problem. Any other solution for this than manual activation?
  • edited December 2009
    The manual unlock is the only way this time. I tried the network unplugged then plugged in and the serial number did not work. the server refused the connection.

I'm sorry. I wish they could figure out what the problem is.:(

to reinterate the whole solution-

boot the machine with network cable plugged in.
    unplug network cable
    start the game with the network cable unplugged from computer
    The opening script cant find the internet and asks you to log in
    reconnect network cable
    get manual unlock code
    paste manual unlock code in the space provided
    game will launch

after that- game will work fine with network cable plugged in.

I wish they would fix this. I've had this problem with every episode since the 2nd episode.:(
This discussion has been closed.