Monkeyisland103.exe has stopped working

edited October 2009 in Game Support
I guess it needs its own thread.
So I start the game, and I get a little white box, before the aforementioned "Monkeyisland103.exe has stopped working" on Vista 32.

I think it's because of DirectX, which the installer started downloading and considering the installation files are generally close to a hundred MB, I was surprised it took about 3 minutes on my connection(should generally take around 30 minutes). So I downloaded the complete August installer, and installed it, and reinstalled Episode 3, but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT - Hate to whine to you guys, but I just checked, and the older episodes suddenly don't seem to be working either. I seem to be having exactly the same problem with them.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Have you changed anything on your system between the second episode and this one? Installed any new programs, etc?
  • edited September 2009
    Besides a game called "Majesty 2", not really, no.
  • edited September 2009
    Have you tried deleting the prefs file? Had the same problem and that actually worked for me. At what point does it crash? On my pc was right after the "telltale and lucasarts" screen before the menu.
  • edited September 2009
    No, it doesn't even get to that. It crashes just before it goes fullscreen. And no, deleting the prefs doesn't seem to work.

I've also tried uninstalling all the episodes and their associated files, and then tried to reinstall the game, but it's still prevailing.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling unusually patient today.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Is your display color depth set to 32 bit? If it isn't that would explain why all episodes crash now.
  • edited September 2009
    You got it, Dj. Apparently reinstalling nvidia drivers reverts the setting to 16 bit.
    Thanks a lot!
  • edited October 2009
    I am having the same issue but colour depth is 32bit.

Any help please peeps?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Hey Gimpy, could you tell us some information about your computer? Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
    Also, what is your operating system?
This discussion has been closed.