Help! Installing a 3D graphics card on an ATOM

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hi folks,

So I messed up, so excited was I by the prospect of reliving my childhood (well teenagerdom) that I went ahead and bought Monkey Island 5 without properly checking the system requirements. I checked it would run on XP but not what graphics I need (colour me not-generally-a-gamer).

Anyway after a truly painful hour doing the pre-credit sequence on Chapter 1 where every movement took minutes even with graphics quality and resolution set as low as possible I prodded around enough to discover my integrated graphics on my pentium with ATOM desktop are woefully inadequate for anything other than the word processing and browsing I normally do on it.

So what to do? Do I write off the $35 I've spent and buy it for the Wii (which I realise now would habve been the more sensible alternative from the start (for me MI was always a PC game so I chose that for sentimental reasons), or do I attempt to upgrade my ATOM with a 3D graphics card. I'd be quite keen to do the latter if possible, but is it a goer or should I ditch that plan now? What do the gurus here think?

Bearing in mind I have only downloaded the first chapter can I get any of my money back for the undownloaded chapters and trade them in towards the Wii version? Or do I need to start saving again from scratch?

You live and learn,

Monotreme (sad not to have the prospect of playing MI tonight as she had planned)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.