Save games not being recognised?

edited October 2009 in Game Support
Hi there.
So I played through this game a bit yesterday.
Ofcourse I saved up and quit.
I come to play today, but when I hit Save & Load there's nothing in the list.
I had a look around and I found a number of .SAVE files in My Documents -> Telltale Games -> tales of monkey island - chapter 3.
If anyone could help me work out how to get the game to recognise them again, I'd be much obliged.
Cheers.
Smashman

Comments

• edited October 2009
    And FYI:
    This is Lair of the Leviathan.
  • edited October 2009
    No help what so ever?
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2009
    It would help if you post in the support forum
  • edited October 2009
    http://www.telltalegames.com/support/

It says here you need an admin account. Could this be the issue?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    You may have to write in to support@telltalegames.com so someone can get you specific help.
  • edited October 2009
    i just encountered the same problem. Have you heard a solution? I just posted something to the help forum myself.
  • edited October 2009
    Nope.
    I'm admin..
    There's one thing I can think of..
    I bought it off Steam and then downloaded it on a laptop, unfortunatly it wasn't able to run it.
    So I started the download on my Desktop, later, I grew bored of waiting, so I just grabbed the files from the laptop..
    Could this be anything to do with it?
    I'll delete all the files, then reinstall, see if I get my files back. If not, I'll check to see if it saves and retains the save. If not, well I'll have to complete the game in one sitting!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what's going on here. Are all of you getting this on the Steam version?
  • edited October 2009
    The first two were saving and loading perfectly..
    It's a shame too cause I was pretty far through it and decided to finish it off the next day.
    edited October 2009
    The save files *shouldn't* be computer specific. I have trouble imagining that Steam could be putting some sort of signature on them, and I know for a fact that we aren't. One thing you could try is copying your prefs.prop from the first computer to the second. It should be in the same folder that the save files were in.
  • edited October 2009
    Well I didn't copy over the My Documents folder cause I didn't think it would be necessary cause I assumed it created it for you.
    But I'll do as you say.
  • edited October 2009
    Here's a link the files I've got in my tales of monkey island - chapter 3 folder.
    [url]http://axal.clanofdoom.co.uk/tales of monkey island - chapter 3.rar[/url]
    If you could have a look and let me know I'd be much obliged.
    edited October 2009
    Well I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, but they all work for me. Can you create *new* saves in your game, and if so will they still be there when you reboot?
  • edited October 2009
    Ah excellent.
    Well that IS good news.
    Atleast they aren't corrupted.
    I think I'll uninstall, reinstall and try and load them then.
  • edited October 2009
    Alright!
    Well I did some fiddling and for some reason, it was saving to Telltale Games > tales of monkey island - chapter 3
    But loading from Telltale Games > Lair of the Leviathan.
    I whacked the saves into Lair of the Leviathan and Bob's your Uncle, it worked :D
    I've finished it now, so there isn't too much of a problem.
    I'm not really sure why it did it but it's working now.
    Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.