W&G Random Irregular Crashes

edited October 2009 in Game Support
All episodes randomly crash to desktop here and there, it's very very irregular so it's not really hindering my experience but I thought support might wanna know anyway for reference :)

DxDiag attached

Comments

• edited October 2009
    JedExodus wrote: »
    All episodes randomly crash to desktop here and there, it's very very irregular so it's not really hindering my experience but I thought support might wanna know anyway for reference :)

DxDiag attached

oh wait it wasn't...duh! was too big

http://rapidshare.com/files/287417017/DxDiag.txt.html

Apologies if rapidshare's a pain for you guys, i'm not the greatest with this stuff
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Hey Jed, does this only happen with our games? Have you tried it with other games? Completely random crashes like that are sometimes a sign of an overheating graphics card. Does it tend to happen after a certain period of time?
  • edited October 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Jed, does this only happen with our games? Have you tried it with other games? Completely random crashes like that are sometimes a sign of an overheating graphics card. Does it tend to happen after a certain period of time?

Only with the Wallace & Gromit games, all other Telltale games run fine and I played through all of Arkham Asylum recently which would be more demanding on the card i'd imagine without any problems.

Edit: As a side note i'm noticing some minor graphical corruption on this Episode (episode 4) on certain models such as Mr Paneer, not sure if maybe this is related to the GPU or if it's just this episode
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    There's no error message at all?
    Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
    Date and Size: 11/2/2006 06:28:10, 273920 bytes

You could try updating your Realtek HDA Drivers.
  • edited October 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    There's no error message at all?

You could try updating your Realtek HDA Drivers.

Nope typical Vista "this program has stopped working" fare. I'll try updating the sound drivers, at the very least it's nice to be up to date. Cheers :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Nope typical Vista "this program has stopped working" fare.

You could look if the Errors have been logged in the "Windows Logs/Application" area of the "Event viewer".
  • edited October 2009
    You could look if the Errors have been logged in the "Windows Logs/Application" area of the "Event viewer".

This is my second case of "duh!" today, and all in the same thread!

Anyhoo, grabbed and attached it!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Anyhoo, grabbed and attached it!

Thanks. Sadly I get no useful information out of it though.

How often has it crashed so far?
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks. Sadly I get no useful information out of it though.

How often has it crashed so far?

Only a handful of times, maybe five over playing the whole series, it's maybe a software conflict of some sort, it's just strange as every other TT series works flawlessly for me
  • edited October 2009
    Well either way i've finished the series. Big thanks to Will and DjNDB for their help and quick responses :)
This discussion has been closed.