Sorry, this account is not authorized to access this game

edited October 2009 in Game Support
This is bugging me. The Siege of Spinner Cay working just fine.

Just installed Lair of the Leviathan. and I get this message "Sorry, this account is not authorized to access this game." I get this with login in, using serial number and now the manual unlock. The system is a bit old Windows 7 512mb ram pent 4 processor integrated graphics card.

any ideas? I would say it is the system but why would the other Monkey Island games work.

Thanks in advance for any help issue-21675

BTW thanks to bonny for giving me the manual unlock.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    djjc wrote: »
    This is bugging me. The Siege of Spinner Cay working just fine.

Just installed Lair of the Leviathan. and I get this message "Sorry, this account is not authorized to access this game." I get this with login in, using serial number and now the manual unlock. The system is a bit old Windows 7 512mb ram pent 4 processor integrated graphics card.

any ideas? I would say it is the system but why would the other Monkey Island games work.

Thanks in advance for any help

I would recommend sending an email to support@telltalegames.com about this, they should be able to help you.
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks Pale Man just did. Bonny any clue?
  • edited October 2009
    Issue solved I ditched windows 7 and downgraded back to xp installed and was able to use my username and password with no problems.
  • edited October 2009
    It's curiously lame that while TOMI ep 1 & 2 worked on windows seven, ep 3 doesn't. Works with vista but not win7?

And I bought my season through Steam, so I can't seem to get it working with compatibility mode at all.
  • edited October 2009
    Well Windows 7 isn't officially released yet... another week, right? So if you've got Win7 already it's either the Beta, RC or an early official release.

Do Telltale officially support Windows 7 with their games yet?
  • edited October 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    Well Windows 7 isn't officially released yet... another week, right? So if you've got Win7 already it's either the Beta, RC or an early official release.

Do Telltale officially support Windows 7 with their games yet?

I've got TechNet..

Telltale don't officially support Win7 yet, only XP & Vista officially supported.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/support/#windows-only
    Are Telltale's games Windows-only, or do they run on a Mac or Linux?

Our computer games are designed for Windows XP or Vista. Mac and Linux users may be able to run the games using virtualization software (such as Crossover for Mac), but Windows is the only supported platform. Intel Mac users can run the games on Windows under Boot Camp.

Here's a Telltale forum thread dedicated to getting our games up and running on Linux.

However, I think this thread may fix the Win7 problem: (edit: nope)
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=209953
    Okay, while I was typing I thought giving Windows' compatiblity options a go before submitting this, and actually setting "Disable visual themes" which makes "regular" Windows apps less, well, new-Windows-Theme-shiny did the trick. But note that this isn't neccessary with Launch of the Screaming Narwhal...
  • edited October 2009
    I have Windows 7 pro (the full version that i got from work, not the RC) 64 bits and haven't had any probleme with all 3 episodes so fare.

I didn't do anything particular but install the games in a directory I created at the root of the C drive.

I install all my games in there, never in program files.
  • edited October 2009
    My Windows is Ultimate 64-bit from TechNet and I can't install in C:\ because I bought the season on Steam.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    I think this is actually more of a game support topic, so I'll move it over there now.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Ahha! This sounds exactly like the problem that Daftie is having in this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12792

You mention it's an old version of Win7, do you have parental controls in this version? That's probably the cause of the problem, and you may not be able to fix it without a more recent version of the OS.
This discussion has been closed.