Problem with ToMI 3

edited October 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

I completed 1&2 on my friends computer but decided rather than wait till I see him again I'd get it myself. It seems number 1 is working. When I initially loaded number 3 it worked too but was slow so I went to change the graphic settings. I'm not sure why but I tried to put the game in the same resolution as my screen 1920x1200 and it crashed and since then I have not been able to load it whereas ep one still loads fine (not tried downloading 2 to test it).

Now it goes into full screen and crashes leaving me with a standard error message b4 any graphics appear. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading but same thing occurs. I've looked thru the other threads and don't really understand any of them but I've updated my drivers and direct x and tried a clean startup (I have windows XP) and that hasn't helped and now I feel pretty clueless.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    When you uninstalled, did you tell it to remove your game settings and save files? That's what is holding on to your settings.
  • edited October 2009
    I don't seem to get those options or at least don't know how to find them. I've installed the game via steam if that makes any difference.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    oooh, hmm...

Ok, well I've attached a prefs.prop. If you open up \My Documents\Telltale Games, you should see a folder for Lair of the Leviathan. Just unzip this file into there. That should fix things up for you.
  • edited October 2009
    That's worked. Thanks.
  • edited October 2009
    I got the game over steam, and had this crash every single time. Didn't work once.

But the prefs.prop replacement in the zip fixed it. It was about twice as big as the one I had already. Thank you!

At some point you guys might want to make a fix =)
This discussion has been closed.