ToMI 3 - Sound suddenly freezes

edited October 2009 in Game Support
Hey,
Previous Episodes of ToMI has worked fine, and I enjoy them very much. In Lair of the Leviathan though, I can play for about 3-4 seconds until I hear some sort of a click, and then total silence.

The game works fine, just completely muted.

When I exit the game and then close the launch screen, I hear the same click again, just like the sound came back on.

Any ideas? Im running Windows (Through Boot Camp) on a Mac Book Pro 15", and past TT games has worked fine.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Ok, fixed it myself. It was quite stupid of me.

All I had to do was to run windows update and all worked out great.

Strange that it hasnt occured until episode three though!
  • edited October 2009
    What updates you installed? I have the exact same issue, except that I am using a macbook 13" alumminium and Windows XP. The sound works for a little bit, then I hear the "click" and the sound is gone. I've updated my windows to the most-up-to-date state I could, but that didn't help at all.
  • edited October 2009
    Ok, my complete walkthrough (and I dont know which one did it of these exactly).

1. Downloaded latest boot camp for windows xp at apples website.
    2. Ran a complete windows update, updating ALL the drivers
    3. Downloaded and installed ALL the latest (which would be about 3 different ones) Realtech drivers.

Hope I helped you out, otherwise please come back. This is too good a game to miss.
  • edited October 2009
    Ran Windows Update, updated Boot Camp, and installed the latest Realtek audio driver as well (I only saw one driver on their website, not three though). Still no audio for me. =0
  • edited October 2009
    I wish I could do more, but my best bet is to find more drivers @ realtek. SOMETHING must have solved my problem, and I just did what I wrote above.

Best wishes - time to play no. 4! :D
This discussion has been closed.