When will Season Two (PC) be released in the UK?

edited October 2009 in Sam & Max
I pre-ordered Sam and Max Season Two (PC) on DVD from Amazon UK in July, with an estimated dispatch date of 6th August (2009).
In August I received this update from Amazon:
We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock ...

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

Their website initially stated that it was "out of stock" but is now saying "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

Searching on other UK websites has shown up supposed release dates of 30th September in one case and "2010" in another, but nowhere seems to have any concrete information about why the date has slipped.

I realize that UK DVD releases may be out of the control of Telltale, but can anyone here give me any idea about what is going on?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Then again, this post goes to support forum. T_T
  • edited October 2009
    I'm not sure the Support forum is the correct place - the "Shopping or Activation Support" forum is explicitly for orders from the Telltale Store and I am asking about a UK retail release.
  • edited October 2009
    Good point... I dunno, but this isn't a good place either.

Probably in the support forum could give you a better answer or something, like, who is the distributor in your country or something. Any ideas?
  • edited October 2009
    Is it an European wide release by any chance? If so, it's not done yet, since the German dubbing is still worked on, afaIk. Amazon Germany has it listed for December 2009.
    Why don't you just order the season from the Telltale store? Those have the best looking covers anyways.
  • edited October 2009
    Is it an European wide release by any chance? If so, it's not done yet, since the German dubbing is still worked on, afaIk. Amazon Germany has it listed for December 2009.
    Why don't you just order the season from the Telltale store? Those have the best looking covers anyways.

It's not clear from Amazon UK whether or not it is a European-wide version, although there is what looks like Spanish on the image of the DVD "box", so it could well be and that would probably explain the delay.

The catch is that from Amazon I know how that it will be at most about half the cost of ordering it direct (£17.99 vs approx £30, depending on the exchange rate). With the UK it is very much hit and miss whether or not customs will decide to impose import duty and this can't be predicted in advance.
  • edited October 2009
    Hello, you could just buy the download versions if you don't mind not having a DVD.
  • edited October 2009
    Hopefully there is a solution where the OP doesn't have to buy the game twice. Would it be possible to get a refund from Amazon and just buy it from Telltale? Then you would have both the downloadable copies and the disc. That would be what I would try and do. Though that import duty doesn't sound to fun. You seem in a bit of a pickle. Like bigshowpl says, maybe you could just buy the downloads.
  • edited October 2009
    Why didn't you just order from the Telltale Store? It's region free, you know?
  • edited October 2009
    Why didn't you just order from the Telltale Store? It's region free, you know?

I might: as I tried to explain above, Amazon were advertising this as a pre-order item with a promised dispatch date of 6th August (2009). The price (which is guaranteed by Amazon) is around half of the cost of ordering from the Telltale store (depending on the exchange rate), so at the time the obvious choice was to buy it from Amazon.

At the moment I am trying to decide whether or not to wait for Amazon, or to go for the Telltale store, bearing in mind the risk that UK customs and excise might decide to check on the claimed value of $1. If by any chance they should do that it suddenly becomes a LOT more expensive...

Under the Amazon pre-order deal I can cancel at any time (and I haven't been charged yet). The only "cost" is that if I change my mind later and order it again I have to pay whatever price is current at the time.
  • edited October 2009
    Judy wrote: »
    ...bearing in mind the risk that UK customs and excise might decide to check on the claimed value of $1. If by any chance they should do that it suddenly becomes a LOT more expensive...

They don't, or at least I've never had any problems with that and I've got both Sam & Max and the Strong Bad dvds.
  • edited October 2009
    I would have thought the german Dub would have been done by now. It's out on XBLA on friday afterall. Unless that's US only...

I'm waiting for the UK wii version anyway. I'm just hoping this extra time is being used to work on a semi-decent port this time.
  • edited October 2009
    I ordered the Softcover Special, and HM Revenue & Customs didn't charge a penny. I think the Special plus postage comes to about £40. (Or just buy the Season 2 now from Telltale for $20, and then pay another $10-ish postage for the DVD. That should be about £25 total)
  • edited October 2009
    It seems like Namco (who is publishing the game in Europe) delayed Season 2 until fiscal year 2010, that is to say, we won't be seeing until at least April 2010. So yeah, now that it's at 19.90$ in the Telltale Store it's a good chance to get it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.