ATI mobility Radeon hd 2400 not for telltale games?

edited October 2009 in Game Support
Hi everyone,

first of all excuse my crappy english, hope you´ll understand me anyhow!

Help! Sam and Max season one doesnt start

Having the same " could not initialize direct3d" problem like some other people had, but none of the solutions really helped, that´s why i started a new thread. Tried all the things in the technical support FAQs, nothing worked.
Updated all drivers: still nothing! dxdiag says: directx10 and no problems found.

So i´m now wondering if my videocard is the problem, it´s an ATI mobility Radeon hd 2400. Is it possible that this videocard doesnt work with telltale games? Because if that´s so, i´d like to know before buying another game which i can´t play.

thanks in advance

Comments

• edited October 2009
    It should work. But download the latest DirectX from Microsoft. And let it install DirectX 9 files also, that should help :)
  • edited October 2009
    thanks a lot for your quick reply! Done that, still doesnt work :cry:

:confused: anyone any idea?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Please give us your dxdiag output so we can take a deeper look.
    dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then e.g. zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you so much for helping me!!!! :) So here´s my dxdiag output
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    I fear I don't really have a sane solution, but I think it's better than having no option.

I could imagine that the old graphics drivers are an issue.
    Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
    Driver Date/Size: 10/11/2007 23:49:36, 3071488 bytes

Sadly Fujitsu Siemens doesn't offer more recent ones and the ATI reference drivers can not be used with your notebook. If you are very experimental and a bit experienced there is a modtool for that though. Be warned. I have never tried that and it might break stuff.

Description: Lautsprecher (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Date and Size: 4/10/2007 20:05:38, 1764960 bytes
    A much less risky option is installing the latest Realtek HDA Drivers. It is however less likely to be the cause of the problem as well, but you never know.
  • edited October 2009
    Ahhhh I have had this problem with a friend.

He downloaded Dell's HD 2400 driver which is from 2008, and it worked.

But it requires someone to download the file, and if they have Winzip or WinRAR installed to right click the installer and choose extract files to folder.

From that folder you can run the setup :)

http://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R177800.EXE

If that is too slow, there is the German site.

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=de&l=de&s=gen&releaseid=R177800&formatcnt=1&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=241879

Thats the best I could find unfortunately.
  • edited October 2009
    cherryd81 wrote: »
    i´d like to know before buying another game which i can´t play.

Also... if you've got your eye on any other games try out the demos to see if they run ok.
This discussion has been closed.