S&M Season 2, Ep. 3 - doesn't start properly, weird flickering

edited October 2009 in Game Support
After a long break from Sam & Max, I decided to go back and finish S2. However, when I try to start Ep. 3 ("Raving Dead"), I get the following: there's a white box on the left side of the screen, the rest of the screen shows my desktop, but everything's flickering, while some rain sound is playing over the speakers. Nothing else happens.

I've re-installed the game (although I kept the setup and savegame files), but the same thing happens.

Any ideas what might be causing this? And any tips how I can solve it? (For the record, I've got a E8600 processor and a Geforce 260.)

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Do your other episodes still work?
  • edited October 2009
    Strangely enough, they do. :confused:
    edited October 2009
    Oh, I missed something key in your initial post. SIMPLE SOLUTION TIME! When you hear all of the rain and stuff, just hit alt+enter. I'm 90% sure it's a fullscreen issue, so alt+enter will pop you back into windowed mode. From there you can fiddle with your graphics settings to choose a resolution your computer is happy with.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm afraid I finally got all proactive, pulled out my finger and did the obvious(ish) thing - delete the savegame and replace the config with one from another episode. Which worked, so I never got around to trying your Alt-Enter suggestion. Sorry. :o Thanks for the help, though!

P.S.: Out of interest, how big is the TTG team? Apparently my boss, a lovely Hungarian-American woman, is friends with one of the Telltale people.
    edited October 2009
    I want to say somewhere around 70ish, but it's been a while since I've done a headcount, so that's not official math or anything.
This discussion has been closed.