ToMI 2: black screen on Roe Island

edited November 2009 in Game Support
When I enter in De Cava's shack on Roe Island the screen goes black (I can see only the mouse cursor and the subtitles, see attached screenshots) until I exit again. Apart from this problem, the game is working perfectly...
I'm using an Intel Q6600, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GTX295 on Windows 7 x64 and all drivers are updated to the latest version.
Thank you for your help!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I am having this exact problem.

I first played and this location was working fine, then I lost all of my saved games :( (even though I wasn't on a limited user profile on Windows Vista). I installed the update for ToMI2, and I started playing the game all over again, now De Cava's shack is a black screen.

I'd love some help as well.

Thanks,
    Tina
  • SegSeg
    edited October 2009
    For the both of you:

Did you install the game before or after the moving to Win7? If you didn't, you will need to manually run the DirectX updater again. Yes, Windows 7 doesn't include updated DirectX run times. Yes, this makes me angry.
  • edited October 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    For the both of you:
    Did you install the game before or after the moving to Win7? If you didn't, you will need to manually run the DirectX updater again. Yes, Windows 7 doesn't include updated DirectX run times. Yes, this makes me angry.

DirectX was already updated, but I installed also the suggested updater. The problem remains...
    As Tina said, the first times the shack location worked fine without black screens. If I recall correctly the problem arised when I got the piece of paper from the manatee.

--
    Gerardo
  • edited October 2009
    I'm still on Windows Vista, I have not changed operating systems since before or after the problems.
  • edited November 2009
    Just checking in, is there a solution to this?

Or will I have to uninstall and install the game once again and hope that for the third go around, it will not give me a black screen and prevent me from going any further in the game?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    It does sound like you have a corrupted download. It's probably worth clearing your temporary internet files and redownloading the game. That said, you shouldn't have to start over though.
This discussion has been closed.