TOMI works on Mac OS X using VMWare Fusion 3.0

edited November 2009 in Game Support
hi folks,
I thought to announce that I just tried the new VMWare Fusion 3.0 on my MacBook, TOMI now works under Windows XP (really slowly though...but that's because of the integrated Intel GMA 950 graphic card).
This is probably because the new VMWare got the Shader 2.0 support on DirectX games.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Not for me - my Windows 7 VM goes black, and then after a few minutes it's suddenly turned off...
    Guess I could try XP, but I don't really have a license.
  • edited October 2009
    can't get it to work in VMWare 3 Vista Ultimate. all other episodes have worked, and i just finished some left 4 dead. this episode kills my virtual machine. locks up at the skull progress indicator before it even starts.
  • edited October 2009
    Just tried TOMI several times under fusion 3 and it kills the VM every time. Glad I just used the trial of Fusion 3, i'll be sticking with version 2.
  • edited November 2009
    Just tried ToMI many times using win xp / fusion 3.
    It kills my VM everytime. First it goes completely black, and then it hangs.
  • SegSeg
    edited November 2009
    Remember, just because VM ware has better DirectX support, you still need a system that handles advanced graphics. A lot of the early iBooks shipped with graphics cards that simply won't run the game, even if the game was a native Mac executable.

Just like Windows computers, any graphics card made by Intel doesn't work well with 3D graphics. You can find this out by going to:
    Apple -> About this Mac... -> More Info... -> Graphics/Displays
  • edited November 2009
    I've got nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. I would be very surprised if this couldn't handle Monkey.
  • edited November 2009
    Fredwardo wrote: »
    I've got nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. I would be very surprised if this couldn't handle Monkey.

Are you sure your DirectX in your VM is actually working properly? You can check this way;
    Start > run > dxdiag
    Now run the dxdiag Direct3D test.
  • edited November 2009
    bobdevis wrote: »
    Are you sure your DirectX in your VM is actually working properly? You can check this way;
    Start > run > dxdiag
    Now run the dxdiag Direct3D test.
    Actually, I'd consider this a better (and better looking) test of Direct3D... :D

np: Darkstar - Aidy's Girl's A Computer (Various - 5 Years Of Hyperdub (Disc 1))
  • edited November 2009
    Oh sure. But Dxdiag tests DX8 and DX7 aswell.

And here is a small OpenGL test app;
    http://lab.bachem-it.com/opengl/qtgears/
This discussion has been closed.