W&G Last Resort crashes at Mrs. Gabberley

edited October 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

Every time I try to calm down crying Mrs. Gabberley, the game crashes. This happens always after three "proper" answers to poor mrs. There is sounds of water, but the picture is just frozen, and nothing happens any more. If I keep hitting Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del, I sometimes get a mouse cursor visible, but can't recover. I need to restart my PC to recover from the problem.

Is this some know issue, and is there some way to bypass this part to be able to continue the game? I tried already four times to play through that same scene.

I think that my PC drivers are up to date, I pretty much upgraded all the drivers I could today because of this problem. It is somewhat old machine with Windows XP, Athlon XP 2800+, ATI Radeon 9600, SB Audigy 2 ZS, 1.5GB of memory. Anyhow, so far all the telltale games have worked fine (S&M seasons 1 and 2, Monkey Island, as well as the first part of Wallace and Gromit)

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I tried to play it in windowed mode, but that didn't help. The game still crashes, but now the rest of my PC is still usable. From windows task manager's "processes" view I can see WallaceGromit102.exe eating up all the spare CPU, and in "applications" tab I can see "Telltale Games" application "Not Responding". Everything else than that game window is working fine.
This discussion has been closed.