Bug: The Resurrection of DeSinge! (Also, Credits issue...)

edited November 2009 in Game Support
I created a savegame between when DeSinge meets his grisly end, and when Guybrush throws the sponge into the machine. I did this so I could enjoy that final cutscene as often as I wanted without a lot of gameplay leading up to it. :)

Anyway, I loaded the savegame and realized I hadn't tried talking to Elaine when it was just the two of us. Guybrush says something about how they'll be all good once he tosses the sponge in, and Elaine says something along the lines of "Well, why don't you then?" When the master POV returned, DeSinge had miraculously reappeared, arms stretched out to the side! The sponge had also appeared on the ground -- and also in DeSinge's turban. You could even initiate dialogue with him, which seemed to reset him in "messing around with the device" mode. I reloaded the game at that point, so I can't say what might have happened if I'd continued (I wish I'd kept playing to find out) ... but clearly, DeSinge was not supposed to be resurrected at this point. :)

Also, is there any way the game engine will let you get to the main menu while the Credits are running? Once they start, you can't get to the main menu or quit the game without sitting through the entire thing or crashing the game manually. I understand if that's a deliberate move to encourage people to watch them through ... but I did that once, and it'd be nice to be able to watch the final movie without having to sit through the credits every time.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Esc doesn't work?

Also thanks for pointing out that issue with DeSinge. I passed it on to folks, for the record.
  • edited October 2009
    No ... once the credits are rolling, Esc does nothing. Neither does any other key on the keyboard! Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up the task manager, of course, and you can crash the game from there -- although I don't like to do that. What I've been doing is using Alt-Tab to go back to Windows and doing non-processor intensive things for about five minutes, then going back to the game. It keeps running when you do that, and after the credits END it takes you back to the main menu. From there I can quit normally.

(I'm running WinXP latest updated version, by the way.)

While I have your attention, might I add that you guys are the best. :)
  • edited October 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Esc doesn't work?

ha ha.... I figured you guys did that on purpose. You haven't been able to abort the credits since chapter 1. :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Admonisher wrote: »
    Guybrush says something about how they'll be all good once he tosses the sponge in, and Elaine says something along the lines of "Well, why don't you then?" When the master POV returned, DeSinge had miraculously reappeared, arms stretched out to the side!
    I tried to reproduce that a couple of times, but no dice. Maybe it depends on more than just not talking to Elaine earlier.

As for the credits: Alt-Enter and the perfectly good X appears.
  • edited October 2009
    Ahhh... good idea! Didn't think to try switching from full screen to windowed.

Of course I usually don't mind reading credits anyway, but sometimes you're in a hurry and just want to close it. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the Alt-Enter tip!
This discussion has been closed.