Trial of guybrush Elaine mishap!

edited November 2009 in Game Support
well during my 3rd play of the latest sode..
I was skipping the part when say tell them what a good guy I am..

she goes on and it does this clock motion zoom to signify lots of time goes by...
after this was over.. it stuck at 3 pm meaning

it looks a bit like

2i6ibg4.jpg

stays even when i leave or hit escape.. nothing gets rid of it and you can see nothing in the dark area..
cut scene below to show even those didnt reset it
zsvh4w.jpg
dont know how this passed testing phase :P lol

Comments

• edited November 2009
    no one can help this issue?

only way I found past is to load a game prior to the happening BEFORE I even load this saved slot..

if i load the slot it seems to remember the error, so if i do it from the main menu, tada..

not sure how this fixes it but...I still get the same error if I skip the same line of text

only solution..

dont click that line of text and skip it.. or just stay away!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2009
    I can't really help, but it's a good idea to attach your save games and .prop file. I could test if it happens here too, and TTG might be able to track it down.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    nope, nothing you can do about it, short of getting another clock wipe to appear or loading a previous save. We try to test as much as possible for skipping lines causing issues like this, but if it's a choice between testing regular gameplay and skipping gameplay, we always side on putting more time in the regular testing.
  • edited November 2009
    idk i had time for both with such short sodes... but thanks for letting me know its "known"

(you do realize most fans here play 2-3 times each sode .. just to see the extras they missed)

this is when you would find such things.. or maybe on accident XD

thanks all
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    What had happened was they were all like "hey should we fix this bug" and then I was like "naw man you guys can let that one slip through".

True story.
  • edited November 2009
    lol, ok ok keep em comin!! haha suppose I deserve that.

wasnt the first person to do this zoom or to suggest it.. wasn't it for SB ep 1 and wasn't it mark? not sure who implemented it.. but yea!
    I think it was him!!!

/me points finger like the monkey from family guy and swiftly ducks into the bushes nearby

lol thanks guys didn't mean to hassle you just that these bugs KEEP occuring, esp during speech transitions to cut scenes or when you skip speech.. Try say.. the csi telltale games, its even worse on dead intent.. I had 3 people talking at once on there. tsk tsk.

anyway just saying, somewhere down the line you should.. learn? idk.. I know you all rock and do awesome jobs not trying to ... sigh.. digging another hole here..

just meant to point it out to hope in the future it didnt keep occurring,
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Fortunately Kaldire, you aren't alone in your struggle.
  • edited November 2009
    lol...
    touche'
  • edited November 2009
    I thought the 't' was a 'd' for a second and I was like "WTF?"
This discussion has been closed.