Help - launcher greyed out and no play button

edited November 2009 in Game Support
I have bought the entire series of tales of monkey island and was playing quite happily on vista 64 until I installed windows 7 a few days ago.

Now after installing dx and checking all my drivers and installing flash and everything else I can think of my game still will not work.

The launchpad for each game will load, sometimes I can see adverts and forums info, but other times the whole page is grey.

I have no play/launch game button showing.

If this is something obvious then I apologise, but I have done hours of forum searching, reinstalling, restarting and who knows what, and still no joy - can anyone please help?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    These are the two versions of the launchpad that I see
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Since you installed windows7, have you tried updating your Internet Explorer? That's the most likely culprit.

If that's not the problem though, do you have any new or overeager firewalls or virus scanners that may be disabling javascript?

Oh, and finally, the button is probably actually there, you just can't see it. Try clicking in the area about a cm above the "join the fray" box.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the reply :)

Ok, I checked, and I am running the most up to date version of internet explorer 8 - so it's not that. :(

Then I checked java was working, by checking on their website and both 32 and 64 bit versions are working. Maybe my antivirus is blocking it on the game though? Not sure how to find that out? :confused:

However, I followed your advice and clicked in "thin air" a little bit above the "join the fray" box.... hey presto it works :eek: hahaha thanks so much!
    I hadn't tried clicking anything before due to the lack of pointy finger cursor button! :rolleyes: But it worked regardless - thanks soooooo much! :cool:

I can finally get on with chapter4 :D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Hah, well so long as it's working, it probably isn't worth poking at things too hard (in case something else breaks), but you could always unplug from the internet and turn off your virus scanner and firewalls to see if the button magically starts working.
This discussion has been closed.