How to work Chapter 1?

edited November 2009 in Game Support
Hey, I've installed Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 and so far I only get a black background and during the title sequence, the pieces of paper is black. When I tried the treasure hunt, the sky is black and Guybrush is greenish black looking.

Now I've tried re-installing and restarting and so far the setting button isn't letting me change the quality of the game. Any answers to this question? Thanks a million if you can!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Did you skip the "DirectX test" the setup was offering to you?
  • edited November 2009
    The first time I installed, I skipped it, but the game wouldn't work at all. So when I re-installed it, I tried with the feature and it allowed me to open the game file. Should I have skipped it?
  • edited November 2009
    Actually, I was more thinking as if "you shouldn't have skipped that". But you say you also tried that, so it's not our case.

I can only assume that the problem is about your graphics card. Maybe you should install the latest driver.
  • edited November 2009
    Hmm...maybe, where can I go and install a new graphics card?
  • edited November 2009
    Hmm...maybe, where can I go and install a new graphics card?

Depends on your card type. If its a radeon or ATI product, go to the ATI website. If its a Geforce and the like, go to Nvidia. Hope this helps.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Hey Mickey, we have returned from vacation. Before you go out and pick up a new video card, let's see if we can work with the one you have. To start with, can we get some info about your computer?

Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
    Also, what is your operating system?
  • edited November 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Mickey, we have returned from vacation. Before you go out and pick up a new video card, let's see if we can work with the one you have. To start with, can we get some info about your computer?

Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
    Also, what is your operating system?

I'm currently not in front of the computer (was visiting my parents, so this is all on my sister's computer) but I can tell you that it's a Windows XP. I can gather the rest of the information sometime next week.
This discussion has been closed.