ToMI Episode 1

edited December 2009 in Game Support
Sorry if anyone has already posted this problem but I couldn't find it.

I can get the game to run (after 5-10 mins of waiting) and I can even start the game. I have graphics turned down to 1, resolution down to the 800 one and even tried out of full-screen. The starting menu looks flawless and the mouse moves at a good rate. I see the two scrolls with Telltale Games and Lucasarts float across the water no problem. As soon as 'Deep In The Caribbean' and the storm shows up, I get 'Monkey101.exe has stopped responding'.

I have updated DirectX, updated all my drivers (it said they were up to date). I have no USB devices attached other than my mouse, keyboard and USB wireless dongle. I have tried to run the game with the internet disconnected and my Avast Anti-virus disabled. I have even tried the selective start-up suggested by Will in another post. I don't think a complete reformat will work as I only got this computer last week. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice. Here are my computer specs;

Windows Vista Home Basic - Service Pack 2 - 32 bit
Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor @ 2.4GhZ
2GB of RAM
425GB free out of 500GB Hard Drive Space
Graphics: Intel G33/G31 Chipset Family?
I'm not sure about my graphics card but if the game shows up great in the menu, surely it's good enough? *Edit - Dear lord... I think my graphics card is one of the 'unmentionables in the FAQ... HELP!*

I don't know if it's any help, but Sims 3 runs spot on... Similar specs.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    yeah, unfortunately the intel onboard cards just really aren't built to play games. You say that the drivers are up to date, what did you use to check them? Your best hope is to find that there is still a more recent video card driver out there.
  • edited December 2009
    Will wrote: »
    yeah, unfortunately the intel onboard cards just really aren't built to play games. You say that the drivers are up to date, what did you use to check them? Your best hope is to find that there is still a more recent video card driver out there.

I just did windows update and tried in Device manager... where else can I look? And thanks for replying.

*Am currently downloading the latest driver available for my graphics card so fingers crossed. I don't really fancy having to miss out :(*
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like you found the driver, but just in case here is the most recent from Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17407&ProdId=2843&lang=eng
  • edited December 2009
    Sounds like you found the driver, but just in case here is the most recent from Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17407&ProdId=2843&lang=eng

I'm trying this one... think I might have got the wrong one before lol Thanks Will
  • edited December 2009
    Apparently that's an older version of it :confused: Which shall I keep?
    edited December 2009
    I tend to trust the one from the manufacturer. I'd keep the intel one.
  • edited December 2009
    I tend to trust the one from the manufacturer. I'd keep the intel one.

Tried it. No luck. Thanks for the suggestions. Just going to have to find a new graphics card. Any idea of what kind I should be looking for?
    edited December 2009
    ATI or Nvidia cards are the way to go. I certainly wouldn't buy anything like brand new top of the line, but something a generation or two back should be relatively cheap and still run just about anything you could hope to play.
  • edited December 2009
    ATI or Nvidia cards are the way to go. I certainly wouldn't buy anything like brand new top of the line, but something a generation or two back should be relatively cheap and still run just about anything you could hope to play.

Thanks very much. Hopefully I'll be playing next week. :)
  • edited December 2009
    Just thought i'd update. Got an NVIDIA 8800 graphics card (that fits!!) just gotta get a different adapter for the power supply and BAM i'm in the game :) Thanks for all your advice Will. Great support on here!
This discussion has been closed.