TOMI 1 "Could not write licence data!" Wni7-64

edited December 2009 in Game Support
Having this message when i try to lunch the game .
I have new notebook Acer with latest dx
Win 7 64-bit

i googled it a bit and seems some game give teh same message the solution they give is to run in cmd rd/s "%appdata\SecuROM%" but in win 7 this doesnt exist .

Hoping for a solution and thank u in advance.

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited December 2009
    This should be the same thing on Win7 64-bit.

0) Close any Telltale Games you may have running.
    1) Click on the "Start" menu.
    2) In the search bar, type "cmd" (without "s) and hit enter.
    4) In the window that appears, type in the following, quotes and all:

rd /s "%APPDATA%\SecuROM"

5) Answer Y to the Y/N question and press Enter.
    6) Start the game normally. You may need to reenter your serial key if you haven't used your Telltale Games login to activate the game.
  • edited December 2009
    Just did that and it says
    The system cannot find the file specified

and ofc the game still aint working.

Btw i havent used my serial number to the game yet
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2009
    * Are you running any security software?
    * Are you launching the game with an account with admin access?
  • edited December 2009
    Yes Avg
    Yes with admin

btw i just bought chapter 2 as well and will try install it now.doesnt install either.
  • edited December 2009
    I guess i wont get a reply soon and ive also read in forums that the game has problems saving progress in windows 7.What i dont understand is why Telltale doesnt notify windows users before they purchuase the game.Therefore i would like a refund for both chapters i have already paid for and unfortunately i wont be able to play TOMI which i really really like...
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Sorry to hear about the issue. This probably has to do with running the 64bit version of Win7. We have people here running Win7/32bit with no problems.
  • edited December 2009
    Kevin wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the issue. This probably has to do with running the 64bit version of Win7. We have people here running Win7/32bit with no problems.
    Errr... you also have people (like me) here running Win7/64bit with no problems...
  • edited December 2009
    But i have windows 7 home 64 greek and it doesnt work at all and im
    very very upset about it , not for the money but for not being able to play the game

If i format my laptop and use windows XP , i will be still able to download the game,
    wont I?
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2009
    I still want to figure out what's wrong with your computer. This isn't a problem to Windows 7 in general as many others are running the Monkey Island games in Win7 for 32 and 64; Assuming your drivers are made for the OS.

Can you try turning off AVG temporarily before launching the game? That may be conflicting with things.

If you're unable to install another game, then there really is something wrong with your computer. AVG is our first stop, then we'll move on from there.

---

As for Windows 7:

Your issues are something strange going on in the computer, which I'm trying to work with you to resolve.

I made a post about Windows 7 with how each franchise works in Win7.

The specific instance you're referring to is when a user has set a Document folder that is at the root of a drive. This was fixed by Chapter 3 of Monkey. Besides this issue, Monkey Island does work in Windows 7.
  • edited December 2009
    I unistalled AVG yesterday,reinstalled game and still says no licence data.i managed to install and play Trine for Pc and WOW and they both work fine.Mainly my problem is that "could not write licence data".I would like to fix that at the time. I did the prosedure with the "cmd" but it cant find that the file specified. My pc now has no protection at all , tried a couple of revoer systems but still nothing. When i go home u think i should buy chapter 3 as well to test it? cause chapter 2 aint working as well. So please please help me cause i really want to play.

Thx and help appreciated.
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2009
    First I want you to try the same steps, but I realized I needed to do it in a slightly different way.

1) Click Start
    2) In the "search" bar, copy the following line and then hit enter:

rd /s /q "%APPDATA%\SecuROM"

Then try running the game. If that doesn't work, then I need some more information.

1) Click the Start button
    2) In the "search" bar, type in only this and hit enter:

%APPDATA%

A folder should pop up. If it doesn't, tell me. If it does show up, click on the location bar which will give you the absolute location of APPDATA. Reply with that location in this post.
  • edited December 2009
    Hmm did the first step and nothing showed up and when i tried to launch the game nothing changed either.

regarding the 2nd Step folders path is C:\Users\ΠΟΠΗ\AppData\Roaming

(ΠοΠη is my usermane in Latin is Popi)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Ah, I bet dollars to donuts that your user name is what's throwing kinks into the system.
  • edited December 2009
    THANK YOU!!!

Will really really thank u!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it worked!!!!! thanks alot!!!!
    Seg thank u too! thx all!!! I CAN PLAY NOW!!!!

WIll if i wasnt married alreayd id marry u right now :p:p:p:p

Thank u guys u are the best ever ever!!!
This discussion has been closed.