CSI Deadly Intent Problem

edited December 2009 in Game Support
I played CSI Deadly Intent from the day it was released without problem; played the whole game, went back to replay cases, etc. As of 11/27, it won't work. Nothing has changed on my PC. The only thing that changed was the d/l of the upgrade for the game. What's up?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    What kind of "won't work" are we talking here? Are there any error messages or anything?
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry I forgot that info. I get "Telltale Games has encountered a problem and needs to close ..."

csi5.exe AppVer: 2009.9.8.33343
    ModName: csi5.exe ModVer: 2009.9.8.33343
    Offset: 001702d8
    edited December 2009
    In that case, can you supply me with some information about your computer? Could you go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
    Also, what is your operating system?
  • edited December 2009
    It's working again. My display mode switched to 16-bit color for another game and for some reason didn't go back to it's usual 32-bit display. That seems to have been the problem. Thanks!
    edited December 2009
    Ah! That was going to be my next question. Great to hear you got it working!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm curious - is there any special reason for the game to outright crash instead of checking the color depth and either popping up a message box or (even better) just changing the color depth temporarily, just like the game does with the resolution?
This discussion has been closed.