Wallace And Gromit Steam Error, and Same with TOMI

edited December 2009 in Game Support
I have recently bought the Wallace and Gromit season on Steam and have not been able to play ANY of the episodes, because (this is on Windows XP) Windows tells me that "DLL.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I also previously remember having this issue with the TOMI demo as well, but I will have to check the other demos.

I emailed this last month (issue-23614) and have not gotten a response. I do not want my $20 to go to waste, so please help. Thanks.

EDIT: I have downloaded the Homestar Ruiner Demo from Telltale, and I was able to play that with no problem. Also here are two screenshots regarding the error:
http://img205.imageshack.us/i/wgerror1.png/

http://img51.imageshack.us/i/wgerror2.png/

And also the purchase info:

wgpurchase.th.png

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Hey, sorry to hear you never heard back from us, our email was probably eaten by a spam folder or something (a problem we are trying to track down).

Could you tell us some information about your system? Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
  • edited December 2009
    Name: Ati Radion Xpress 200 Series
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz)
    Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
    Version:6.14.0010.6925 (English)
    Date: 2/27/2009 22:40:59
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Name: Ati Radion Xpress 200 Series
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz)
    Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
    Version:6.14.0010.6925 (English)
    Date: 2/27/2009 22:40:59

You should try setting your display color depth to 32 bit.
  • edited December 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You should try setting your display color depth to 32 bit.

Sorry for not getting back to you as soon, but thank you!! The game does work now, except at the menus and during gameplay there are black globs on the screen. Is there any way to fix this?
  • edited December 2009
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Sorry for not getting back to you as soon, but thank you!! The game does work now, except at the menus and during gameplay there are black globs on the screen. Is there any way to fix this?
    Turn down the graphics detail setting in the game and/or buy a newer graphics card - your onboard graphics clunker is officially more than 5 years old now...
  • edited December 2009
    Oh yeah, I also played just now and found out that models in the game are missing and/or are different colors.
This discussion has been closed.