GeForce 7200GS and Monkey Island 5

edited December 2009 in Game Support
Is Monkey Island 5 compatible with a GeForce 7200GS. I tried it on both WinXP(32bit) and Win7(64bit) but it's extremly slow. The mouse cursor is very hard to move and the intro video is so slow that you see every single frame of the video in an interval of a about a second.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Try turning your in-game graphical settings down as low as they will go. Also, try reducing your resolution and playing in full-screen.
  • edited December 2009
    thanks for the quick reply. I now tried with a GeForce 7300GT and it works even better - not relly fast but it's at least possible to play .. :)

As you recommended I decreased screen resolution and it's better. Screen Detail of 1 is faster than Screen Detail of 9 (in-Game settings).

So I'd like to play it with 1024x768 in Win7 - which Card would you recommend me? I just found the system requirements that say to have a direct x compatible grafics card - but which of them gives the speed to comfortably play the game?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Well the two cards are not that drastically different, but of the two the 7300GT is slightly better I believe.
  • edited December 2009
    Yes it is.

Which card do you recommend for Monkey Island?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    mistay wrote: »
    Which card do you recommend for Monkey Island?

You can read some experiences in this thread.

A dxdiag log would be helpful to see your system specs.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
This discussion has been closed.