Mac support!

edited December 2009 in Game Support
I own three series (2x sam&max, 1x wallance), and I have a slight feeling it will be a long time before I purchase any more, because after I got rid of my last windows computer I have yet to be able to play anything although I do have vmware fusion for development testing. (for work)

So if Telltale want me to continue as a customer, they make Mac versions just as they have made Wiiware-version.

My little rebellion altso materalized on facebook,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=220123498342

Not sure what more I can do, beside stop buying and voice my opinion.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    moijk wrote: »
    Facebook... *snort*

Tempest in a teacup?
    How about "installing Windows on your Mac?"

It's not rocket science, you know...
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2009
    While I agree that it would be nice if Telltale released Mac versions of their games, all of them (except for Wallace and Gromit) run nicely in CrossOver Games (they actually run way more smoothly in CrossOver Games on my Mac than on my old PC).
    Otherwise, Leak's solution of "installing Windows on your Mac" does not sound half bad either...

EDIT: I just managed to get Wallace and Gromit to run in Crossover Games for Mac. I don't know if it's due to CrossOver Games being a later version than last time I tried (I'm now using 8.1.2) or just because I installed it differently from the other Telltale Games (I did not put Internet Explorer 6 in the game's bottle. Just unlocked the games using their serial number, quit once the launcher went blank and restarted them), but the games appear to be working perfectly.
    Just know that for "Muzzled!", you will have to substitute d3dx9_41.dll for d3dx9.27.dll in the game's directory in the bottle (if you have other - newer - Telltale games, such as The Bogey Man, you can find d3dx9_41.dll in its directory, copy it and paste it in Muzzled's).
  • edited December 2009
    I have tried CrossOver Games AND I have installed Windows on my Mac (Parallels) neither will run the demo. CrossOver Games opens the file and then asks for a serial number (for a demo??), on Parallels, it loads the opening screen, but when I click play game, it just goes away......no game......no error......just nothing......
    edited December 2009
    frlane wrote: »
    I have tried CrossOver Games AND I have installed Windows on my Mac (Parallels) neither will run the demo. CrossOver Games opens the file and then asks for a serial number (for a demo??), on Parallels, it loads the opening screen, but when I click play game, it just goes away......no game......no error......just nothing......
    In CrossOver Games, have you tried installing Internet Explorer 6, as described here?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    You probably won't be able to launch the demo in CrossOver Games.

The screen you're seeing with the "Serial Number" field is the game's launcher going into basically extreme emergency "you don't have anything I recognize so I'm doing my best" mode, where all options are stripped out other than the simplest solution to get paying customers' games launching -- a place to type in their serial number.

I'm almost positive you need to run the game in actual Windows, or some virtualization environment which has full Internet Explorer support (aka not a WINE variant like CrossOver) to see that full screen.

The full game can be unlocked and played via CrossOver Games by entering your serial number there, though. I played through Tales ch 3 on my MacBook a couple months back and it ran nicely.
  • edited December 2009
    frlane wrote: »
    I have installed Windows on my Mac (Parallels)
    ITYM "I have installed Windows in a VM running under Mac OS (Parallels)".
    Actually "installing Windows on a Mac" involves Boot Camp, not virtualization.

np: Das Bierbeben - Im Kreis (Alles Fällt)
    edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    You probably won't be able to launch the demo in CrossOver Games.
    Actually, there is a way.
    I posted it in this thread in the Shopping or Activation Support.
    Just read post #5.
  • edited December 2009
    moijk wrote: »
    I own three series (2x sam&max, 1x wallance), and I have a slight feeling it will be a long time before I purchase any more, because after I got rid of my last windows computer I have yet to be able to play anything although I do have vmware fusion for development testing. (for work)

So if Telltale want me to continue as a customer, they make Mac versions just as they have made Wiiware-version.

Yeah Telltale, make Mac-Versions, i'm running MacOSX on my PC and i don't want to use Windows nor any virtualization software and I ... wait.... somethings wrong here.... i have to go now... pizza delivery man's ringing the doorbell...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    ... ¬ ¬
This discussion has been closed.