TMI crash restarts computer

edited December 2009 in Game Support
I'm usually pretty good at solving problems but I'm stuck on this 1. I'm able to launch but as soon as it hits the opening credits for Lucas and TellTale bam the computer restarts. Any help would be appreciated.

WinXP SP3
P4 2.66ghz.
2.0 gig ram
ATI Radeon with 128vram
I have just downloaded and installed the last or latest drivers available and also updated DirectX

I can get to the settings and have tried reducing to window instead of full screen and also set to 600x800. Attaching dxdiag.zip

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Card name: RADEON 8500 SERIES
    That's one old graphics card (2001). I wonder if it would even display the game properly. People with the newer 9250 had that problem.

There's not much i can suggest you at the moment.

I would try if other episodes crash as well.
    If they do i would try the
    Radeon Omega Driver 3.8.252
    . The newer versions don't support the card anymore.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply! I did try that set of drivers and still no luck. I also tried a different episode with the same results:(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    tana wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply! I did try that set of drivers and still no luck. I also tried a different episode with the same results:(

I think your best option is to find someone who can borrow you a suitable, preferably newer, graphics card and test if it works then.

Your computer does not crash on other occasions, right?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    There's one more diagnostic thing you can try. Disable restart on system failure.
    Then try to start the game. If we are lucky you see a blue screen instead of the restart which can contain useful information.
    The easiest is to take a photo of it and link it here. If you can't it might be enough to write down the "Technical Information" area and anything that doesn't look like standard info text.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks again! I'm looking at a new video card with faster and more memory. Oh yes I want to play this game:D I'll be sure to follow up so you and others will know if it solves the problem.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    tana wrote: »
    Thanks again! I'm looking at a new video card with faster and more memory. Oh yes I want to play this game:D I'll be sure to follow up so you and others will know if it solves the problem.

That sound good. Which card do you consider buying?
  • edited December 2009
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=P450-4658

I am up for building a new PC but funds are short right now and was just hoping to make a slight upgrade to the card I have now. I'm not really a gamer, in fact the only games I'll play are adventure games. I ordered that card already and should be here in a few days. The agp seems to be outdated and I see most of the better cards are PCI express.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    You should do fine with that card. Remember to uninstall the old graphics drivers before installing the new card.
  • edited December 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You should do fine with that card. Remember to uninstall the old graphics drivers before installing the new card.

Just thought I would follow up:D I received the new card today installed with no problems and the game works fine. Thank you for your help with your near instant replies.

Suggestion for those having problems running the game with the older series of ATI cards, do yourselves a favor and upgrade! The level of detail and smoothness of the gameplay will make you appreciate the hard work of the artists and programmers of this game.
This discussion has been closed.