Chapter 2 The Siege of Spinner Cay Freezes

edited December 2009 in Game Support
The Siege of Spinner Cay stops responding to the mouse and the keyboard shortly after I select Jerkbait Island on the ship's map at the beginning of the chapter. I need help fixing this problem so I can continue enjoying this game.

Dxdiag info included.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like a corrupt installer. Uninstall the game and choose not to delete your save games.
    Then make a clean download as described below, and install it.

Deleting temporary internet files:

Before downloading the game again you should delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.

After installation check if the error still occurs.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    There are some new Drivers for your system:
    - Nvidia driver
    - Realtek HDA driver
    Also make sure that your DirectX is up to date
  • edited December 2009
    I've tried downloading the installer several times and also deleted temporary internet files as you suggested and I was unable to get the game to work. I tried to upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers and was stopped by an error message. I'm feeling extremely annoyed considering the amount of time I've spent trying to get this game to work.

If anyone has any additional ideas, I'm willing to try it one more time. Otherwise, I would like information on who to contact for a full refund.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    theshow wrote: »
    I tried to upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers and was stopped by an error message.
    Otherwise, I would like information on who to contact for a full refund.

If you tell me what the error message is we can look into it.

You can also try a savegame I made for you directly after the fight. It is attached to this post.

For support by TTG or a refund please write an E-Mail to the support team and include a link to this thread.
  • edited December 2009
    I have another idea. When does the ToMI series become avalible on disc for the PC? Do I qualify for the disc? What is the shipping cost? Will the disc work with my current configuration without further updates or will I continue to be writing messages to tech support for fixes/help? I have to be honest here, I've spent more time trying to solve problems then actually playing the game. This is such a shame, because the game is really fun.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    I have another idea. When does the ToMI series become avalible on disc for the PC? Do I qualify for the disc? What is the shipping cost? Will the disc work with my current configuration without further updates or will I continue to be writing messages to tech support for fixes/help? I have to be honest here, I've spent more time trying to solve problems then actually playing the game. This is such a shame, because the game is really fun.

I don't know when the DVD comes out. If you bought the whole season via Telltale you usually qualify for it.
    From what i've read here the DVD Episodes are pretty much the same, except for the copy protection.

Have you tried the savegame yet? Alternatively you could try starting over (which is just the fight).

You could also attach a savegame of yours before that freeze so i can try if it happens at my system too.

If that doesn't work write to Telltale Support. It sounds like something they should be able to help you with.
This discussion has been closed.