animated menus and such

edited April 2006 in Game Support
For the inevitable patch, can we please see the ability to speed up, or preferably remove the animation on menus and speech bubbles? I didn't have a CD-ROM during adventure games's heyday, and I'm used to just reading the text, I skip the voice acting most of the time because I don't like to sit around and wait.

Any way we can do that?

Comments

• edited April 2006
    You can turn voices off by setting their volume to zero (keeping music and effects on), and then tap the space-bar to skip forward when you've read the text.

Doesn't help with removing the animated menus & speech bubles, but if you're going for a game-speed record, the space-bar may help. :p
  • edited April 2006
    Yeah, I use the spacebar, but there's still that time it takes for things to pop in and out. At least in Windows you can disable that, and I'd like a similar option in the future games.
  • edited April 2006
    What's the big rush? :-/
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    What's the big rush? :-/

The gameplay's so great, he wants to get back to it as quickly as possible. :D

Thanks for the feedback, Wickywoo. I'll pass it along to the rest of the team.
  • edited April 2006
    Those animated speech bubbles ARE pretty annoying... It would be nice to turn off the animation part.
  • edited April 2006
    Those animated speech bubbles ARE pretty annoying... It would be nice to turn off the animation part.
    Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.