Login screen can't connect to internet

edited December 2009 in Game Support
So yeah, my Vista got infected, so I reformatted it and went back to XP Pro yesterday.

Anyway so, I wondered if there could be an improvement in performance when I play a Telltale game so I downloaded and installed Rise of the Pirate God again. Problem is, well, as the thread title suggests, whenever I fill the name and password blanks it says it can't connect and therefore it can't unlock my game. This may not be an issue spesific to the login screen of Telltale games, as my Flashget's built-in browser is also unable to find the webpages that are programmed to show. I don't want to use Manual Unlock because, well, I can actually use internet in this computer anyway and I don't want to use any indirective way to unlock my game for each game I buy. I'm planning to buy Sam and Max 2010 when it comes out, so it can be a headache if I don't install Windows 7 in the future.

I don't know what to write in Google search to find solutions either, so I'm posting this here. Even some keywords that'd be useful to search in Google can be a big help to me.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Umm, err, by the way, if someone's there at the office or something, check out my manual code? Or do I have to wait until 4th January?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Can you use the internet at all from that computer?
    How are you connected and are there maybe any proxy settings necessary?
  • edited December 2009
    I can use internet, download anything I want, there are no other problems at all, and I'm posting this using that computer. There were no problems before I formatted my computer. It's connected to my DSL modem via Ethernet cable, and there are no proxy settings or special DNS properties are selected.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Does it work with the internet explorer?
  • edited December 2009
    Yes. It only doesn't work with built-in browser frames of some programmes, and apparently with Telltale Games login mini-screen.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Do you have any security software that could be interfering?
    What Version of Internet Explorer is it?
  • edited December 2009
    There is an out-dated version of AVG Free, but I closed it and tried it and nothing changed, so it's not the case I can tell. Firewall was working, I closed it and tried it, again nothing's changed.

Uhm, IE might be the case actually. It's IE 6.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Updating IE could be a good idea then. I think at least the TTG Launcher needs a newer version.
  • edited December 2009
    Yep, I installed IE8 and now it works fine. Thanks a lot!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad to here that. You're welcome.
  • edited December 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I'm glad to here that. You're welcome.
    Also, the less IE6 installations there are in the world the better for the internet... :D
  • edited December 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Also, the less IE[any digit] installations there are in the world the better for the internet... :D

Fixed.
This discussion has been closed.