MonkeyIsland101.EXE Error

edited July 2011 in Game Support
I can't find any answer to this problem in the previous posts' but has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? Color depth is already at 32.

Vista Business 64, asus p6td deluxe, evga 285, 195 drivers

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    What is the exact error message and when does it occur?

Have you updated DirectX, and your graphics and audio drivers?

Also a dxdiag log might help us to see what's going on.
    dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited December 2009
    I have similar issues got the game pack from steam. all my other games work with the installed directx except stuff from telltale games

The only difference I've seen so far is a difference in the size of

d3dx9_27.dll that telltale provides with the game and the one that gets installed by the dxwebsetup.exe which is the microsoft's directX update program. The websetup program errors out on vista unless you run it in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

telltale d3dx9_27.dll is 2.21MB or 2,319,568 bytes
    windows d3dx9_27.dll in system32 is 3.63MB or 3,807,440 bytes

None of the telltale games I bought on steam work. They all include this differently sized dll. It maybe a directx issue, though I don't know why it would be a problem if telltale is supplying their own version of it for use.. maybe microsoft changed something?

We all need help telltale :)
  • edited December 2009
    If you don't use a tablet try removing that feature from windows.

I'm not entirely sure why it works.. but it cleared things up for me

control panel> programs> turn windows features on and off > optional tablet components

it takes a while for windows to uninstall it and you need to reboot

everything worked fine for me after that
  • edited July 2011
    mordaunt wrote: »
    I have similar issues got the game pack from steam. all my other games work with the installed directx except stuff from telltale games

The only difference I've seen so far is a difference in the size of

d3dx9_27.dll that telltale provides with the game and the one that gets installed by the dxwebsetup.exe which is the microsoft's directX update program. The websetup program errors out on vista unless you run it in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

telltale d3dx9_27.dll is 2.21MB or 2,319,568 bytes
    windows d3dx9_27.dll in system32 is 3.63MB or 3,807,440 bytes

None of the telltale games I bought on steam work. They all include this differently sized dll. It maybe a directx issue, though I don't know why it would be a problem if telltale is supplying their own version of it for use.. maybe microsoft changed something?

We all need help telltale :)

Hi mordant,

This type of problem usually occurs when setup d3dx9_27.dll is missing from your computer. This dll file can be downloaded from here.
    http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_27-dll/
    Download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the Windows System32 folder, which is located in Windows Drive.
This discussion has been closed.