Lair of the Leviathan Setup Help

edited December 2009 in Game Support
I bought Tales of Monkey Island for my dad for Christmas and have been playing it with him. We downloaded, installed and played chapter one, then chapter two, then we are currently trying to install Chapter three Lair of the Leviathan and are having trouble.

We have re-downloaded the file twice, run it as administrator and tried it with windows compatibility and running it from the dos.

I am running windows 7 X64 and the file size comes down as 197,917KB. We have since downloaded and installed chapters 4 and five with no errors.

I have attatched a screenshot of the error. Basically says the downloads corrupted but the other chapters work fine.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Have you deleted your browser cache before downloading it again?

I've made you a MD5 checksum file of all ToMI installers, so you can check them.

MD5 Check
    Please download and install Hashcheck.
    Then unzip and copy the attached MD5 File into the folder that contains the installers you downloaded from Telltale.

Finally just double click on the .md5 file for verification and tell us the results.
    Green: File is okay.
    Yellow: File is missing.
    Read: File is corrupt.
  • edited December 2009
    MD5 checksum file of all ToMI installers attached
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2009
    KazHeil wrote: »
    MD5 checksum file of all ToMI installers attached

Your ToMI_LairOfTheLeviathan_Setup.exe is different than mine. I guess the installer is right saying it is corrupted.

The mismatch with ToMI_TrialOfGuybrush_Setup.exe is probably because i didn't have the updated version. I attached a new MD5 including the current version.

Now we have to figure out why your download gets corrupted. First you should try a download after deleting your browser cache (see below).

If you don't get a correct version that way you should disable any security software and download again (with a cleared cache of course).

If that doesn't work as well repeat that after a clean boot (see below).

If you still have no luck or you don't want to spend time troubleshooting try downloading the game to a different computer and transfering it to yours.

Deleting the browser cache:

Before downloading the game again you should delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
This discussion has been closed.