Unable to save progress in Sam and Max

edited February 2007 in Game Support
When I click any of the four save buttons on the Save/Load screen there is a sound effect but nothing else happens.

I'm playing on a fully patched Windows XP sp2 using a regular user account.

Does the game require administrator privileges to run or is there something else wrong here?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    I think it requires administrator privileges for the saves to work. Can you try it that way and see if it works?
  • edited February 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    I think it requires administrator privileges for the saves to work. Can you try it that way and see if it works?

Now you tell us. This should be noted somewhere at the start of the game. I've just spend hours playing through Episode 1, relying on the Game Saved messages when you leave a building but after a restart I couldn't find any saved games in the load screen.
    This is, quite frankly, rubbish.

There should be at least a readme file with basic game instructions (OK, the interface is easy to pick up) and things like this you need to be aware of. Good documentation goes a long way. Given the price of the product, it doesn't have to be a fancy PDF manual, a simple text file would suffice.

Unimpressed of Cambridge,

Andreas Beck
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Sorry about that. :( You're right, there should be some indication that the saves aren't working.

If you tell me what point you were at, I can send you a saved game from around the same spot.

EDIT: I just responded to the email you sent to our support address.
  • edited February 2007
    Thank you, have received email and responded. A saved game would be wonderful. Thanks!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Sorry about that. :( You're right, there should be some indication that the saves aren't working.

I just stumbled over that issue once again. I gave my regular user write access to the game folder as a workaround, but it's really bad practice that the savegames are stored there anyway.

If you had multiple users on the same PC their savegames would mix up.

I hope that gets fixed in later episodes.
This discussion has been closed.