I bought S&M Ep 1 - doesn't work on Vista

edited January 2010 in Game Support
Any chance of getting a download for the version that DOES work with Vista? Or did I just waste my money? Also... will either version work with Win 7?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    All Telltale games has to work with Vista. They worked for me, at the very least...

Maybe you have to update your drivers.
  • edited January 2010
    According to a lot of things I've read on the Internet, the version you can buy in stores (the one I have) only works on Vista for some people. I could get it to install by running as admin, but I couldn't get any of the episodes to run, even if I ran as admin. However, the downloadable versions are "fixed" for Vista - which is why I am requesting that they let me download them ;) Since there is no official patch, I think this is the only way I'll be able to get the game to run.
  • edited January 2010
    You can still download them from the site. Demo versions have the same data with the full versions. I don't know anything about the boxed version of the game, though. If it contains a serial number, you can type it into your newly downloaded demo and you can play the full game then.
  • edited January 2010
    Nope, no serials. Thanks though :)
  • edited January 2010
    kalakdrin wrote: »
    According to a lot of things I've read on the Internet, the version you can buy in stores (the one I have) only works on Vista for some people. I could get it to install by running as admin, but I couldn't get any of the episodes to run, even if I ran as admin. However, the downloadable versions are "fixed" for Vista - which is why I am requesting that they let me download them ;) Since there is no official patch, I think this is the only way I'll be able to get the game to run.

That's weird about the retail version. But while I feel your pain, Telltale can't credit you for downloadable Season 1 episodes. Both that and the retail versions are essentially different releases -- The Adventure Company and Jowood distribute the latter. Telltale doesn't, and can't, keep track of customers who buy retail. You'd have to repurchase Season 1 straight from Telltale's website. Sorry. :(
  • edited January 2010
    That's the answer I was expecting.

Any idea if the retail version works with Win 7 though?
  • edited January 2010
    I'm afraid not. I only have experience with the Telltale version.

FWIW, I had to install Telltale's Season 1 disc by running as admin under Windows 7. It also took a loooooong time to actually install once Windows allowed me to (same with the Season 2 DVD). I was able play Culture Shock fine after that, though.
  • edited January 2010
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.