Tales of Monkey Island

edited January 2010 in Game Support
I downloaded ch1-5 on to my laptop. Now I'm trying to download them on to my desk top with no luck. I read your FAQ and I think I need to unlock them manually for my desktop, but I don't know how to do that. Please help.

Also re: chapt.5 Pirate God - Doesnt work, even on my laptop - error message"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes are incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author for new copy." (I tried many times to download this) Please help

Thanks
Pat Gerrard

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    If you can connect your desktop to the internet you can unlock them the same way you did on your laptop.
    If you can't, look for "What if my computer doesn't have an internet connection?" on the support page:
    If you want to play a downloadable game on a computer that isn't connected to the internet, you can unlock the game using a Manual Unlock code. When you first run the game, click "No thanks, just take me to the demo" to bypass the login screen. Click the "Already Paid" button, then go to the Manual Unlock tab and follow the instructions. You will need to email us your serial number and the request code that is displayed in the launcher window, so we can generate an unlock code that will work on your computer.

Your damaged download can have several reasons. Two of them:
    It is possible the corrupt file was still in your Browser cache, or that the AOL proxy has a broken copy it delivers you every time.

In the first case just delete your browser cache before downloading it again (instructions below). In the second case you can download it somewhere else or wait until the AOL proxy cache get's refreshed (every 24h).

Deleting the browser cache:
    Before downloading the game again you should delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    First off, to get to the manual unlock code, open up each episode, skip the login portion of the wrapper and go to the next page. You should see a tab that says Manual Unlock. Click on Step 1 to get your request code. Then take that request code that it generates and send it to support@telltalegames.com

[edit: DJ beat me to it!]
This discussion has been closed.