ToMI

edited January 2010 in Game Support
I'm getting soooo frustrated. I finally got ToMI loaded on my desktop, however, the game is real jerky, can't control the mouse, and very dark. Anything that has to be read (ie. voodoo recipe) is black including the inventory box - can't see anything in inventory. PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Hi pgerrard,
    Sounds like a graphics card issue. Update your drivers and while you're doing that, I'll answer your support ticket that I just came across with other, more personal, questions.

Cheers,
    bonnie
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for replying, Bonnie - now, if I only knew HOW to "up-date my drivers" I'd be in good shape - needless to say, I'm computer illiterate
  • edited January 2010
    I can help you with that. Do you know what graphics card you have? Let's see if we can figure it out together.

To find it, we'll take a peek into your DXDiag.
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

A window (directX diagnostic tool) will pop up with tabs at the top; System, DirectX files, Display, Sound, etc. Click on the Display tab. The first three lines are going to tell me what we need to know. Name, Manufacturer, Chip type. Let me know what they are and we'll go from there.
  • edited January 2010
    Name: Intel (R)82865G Graphics controller
    Manuf: Intel corp
    Chip type: Intel (R) 82865G
  • edited January 2010
    Thank you so much, Bonnie for all your help - I went to the site you gave me - I clicked on Windows XP Home edition - and it gave me 4 choices to download - I didn't know which one, so I didn't do it
  • edited January 2010
    Choose the "drivers", and then choose the executable file below. After downloading it, run it, then restart your computer.
  • edited January 2010
    By the way, even if you do get the game's graphics to show up properly, you will still have to turn the quality and/or resolution down, seeing as the your graphics card cannot handle TMI very well. If you are able to, may I suggest upgrading your graphics card to a more recent one? You can get an Nvidia or Radeon card for about 50 bucks that can run Tales with all settings on high.
This discussion has been closed.