Strong Bad Episode Five Pedestal Bug

In the fight with Trogdor I can't use the peasant with the last Pedestal(The top left one). I think it has to do with me using the Red Jelly guy on it but when I went to a previous save file it still wont work, even if I use the jelly guy on another object. Any ideas?

Note: The Peasants can be placed on the other three without problem. On this one as soon as I click it the mouse cursor turns back to the original cursor.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, would you mind attaching your save file to this? It's been a while since I've dealt with Strong Bad and that particular issue doesn't ring any bells, so taking a look at it would be a huge help. Thanks!
  • edited February 2010
    i too have had this issue. its very very annoying being thats its in the very end of the game at the most climactic scene and i can't beat the game otherwise. and i would really like to play the extended play. i would like to help you as well. you said to attach the save file though? how do i do that?
  • edited February 2010
    it would also appear that when i try to snap a picture in this state with the game's camera, after the picture is taken my curser disappears altogether along with the tab containing options to open the map, inventory, and camera. making it obviously impossible to continue playing.
    edited February 2010
    Go to \Documents\Telltale Games\Episode 5 - 8-Bit Is Enough and then right click the most recent save file, go to Send To -> compressed (zipped) file. Then take the new save.zip (or something along those lines) and attach it to this post by going to the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the thread. You should see an option to attach it in there.
  • edited February 2010
    here it is thanks. its saved pretty much at the exact moment there issue is occurring. i had saved it right after i had the problem so i could try exiting the game and coming back. i've since done that several times. =/ good luck
  • edited February 2010
    how long do you think this will take to fix? or rather? how do you fix something like this?
    edited February 2010
    Not sure, need to find someone who isn't too busy to take a look at it. Might take a few days.
  • edited February 2010
    well keep me updated please
    edited March 2010
    Found it! Ok, the good news is that we know what *caused* the issue, the bad news is that I can't get you a fixed save file at the moment. Ok, so basically if you save the game while a peasant is burning, and then attempt to load that save, the pedestal will appear to be empty but the game will think a peasant is still there, endlessly burning in invisible torment.

So to fix this problem, you will have to load a save prior to entering the room and then not save while any of the peasants. I can't provide you with a fixed save at the moment unfortunately, so if you don't have a prior save then maybe one of our kind forumites will be able to help you out.
  • edited March 2010
    ah i see. okay. well thank you so much. i was afraid i'd have to start over....
This discussion has been closed.