For those of us who missed out on the hardcover....

edited January 2010 in Sam & Max
I had gotten the paperback version of Surfin' the Highway for Christmas, and I was happier than a clam. Later (or today, in other words) I saw that the hardcover version was sold out. I was just wondering--did I miss anything if I got the paperback rather than the hardcover?

It's not like I need to rush to eBay to find some pricy $200 markup of the exact same book, but I was just wondering if the hardcover held more than the paperback (except for the book number and signing, of course).

Thanks,
-Evan

Comments

• edited January 2010
    It's a... hardcover... That it. If you use it as a weapon, it'll hurt twice more
  • edited January 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    It's a... hardcover... That it. If you use it as a weapon, it'll hurt twice more

Now that's thinkin' like Max! :D
  • edited January 2010
    I actually think there's a bit more "content" in the paperback, you don't get the inside cover art and the inside cover blurb with the hardcover edition.

The hardcover is signed by Purcell, numbered, and has one of those ribbon bookmarks that is built into some books.

I think that's it. I own both. =p
  • edited January 2010
    The hardcover does have more vitamins and minerals, though, helping you to build strong bones in 12 different ways.

Okay, no, the hardcover just came signed and sans Steve Purcell's picture and the blurbs. It does have some gilding on the front, though, and is very pretty.
  • edited January 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    The hardcover does have more vitamins and minerals, though, helping you to build strong bones in 12 different ways.

Okay, no, the hardcover just came signed and sans Steve Purcell's picture and the blurbs. It does have some gilding on the front, though, and is very pretty.

Have to agree. Getting both was a good idea for me!
  • edited January 2010
    Ah bugger. I was being too cheap to snag one before it was too late :p

Actually, from the beginning I figured I'll just have Purcell sign my paperback copy when (or "if") I eventually get to ComicCon and save the $30 more it would've cost for the hardcover to buy other entertaining crap.

Like the Season 2 I ordered an hour or so ago :cool:
  • edited January 2010
    Ah bugger. I was being too cheap to snag one before it was too late :p

Actually, from the beginning I figured I'll just have Purcell sign my paperback copy when (or "if") I eventually get to ComicCon and save the $30 more it would've cost for the hardcover to buy other entertaining crap.

Like the Season 2 I ordered an hour or so ago :cool:

I just bought the pack with Seasons 1&2 and the hardcover. I think it was something like 50% off everything if you bought them all together.
    Then I think I used a coupon to pay even less but I'm not sure if it worked or not...

See, you can be cheap AND buy the hardcover (provided you don't have the games yet or know where to sell them off at a higher price).
  • edited January 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I just bought the pack with Seasons 1&2 and the hardcover. I think it was something like 50% off everything if you bought them all together.
    Then I think I used a coupon to pay even less but I'm not sure if it worked or not...

See, you can be cheap AND buy the hardcover (provided you don't have the games yet or know where to sell them off at a higher price).

When did you do this? I totally missed the New Years sale (I know, I know, shame on me) and couldn't find the season bundle when I ordered. But even then, the hardcover was sold out in December, if I recall the results of my forum lurking correctly...

Blah! Yakking again, I am. I missed a good sale then. Even if I wasn't planning on getting it, I try to never pass up a good sale. ><
  • edited January 2010
    When did you do this? I totally missed the New Years sale (I know, I know, shame on me) and couldn't find the season bundle when I ordered. But even then, the hardcover was sold out in December, if I recall the results of my forum lurking correctly...

Blah! Yakking again, I am. I missed a good sale then. Even if I wasn't planning on getting it, I try to never pass up a good sale. ><
    It was during the Eisner Award special, I believe.
  • edited January 2010
    It was during the Eisner Award special, I believe.

Ah, I see. Serves me right for vanishing from this website so much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.