Trouble with Sam and Max Season 2 DVD

edited January 2010 in Game Support
I just picked up both seasons of Sam and Max, and while the first season worked just fine, my computer is completely refusing to read the disc for season 2. I can hear the disc drive speed up like normal, but this only lasts a moment and it slows down again, and the cycle keeps repeating. I'm running Windows XP Professional.

Edit: And...as soon as I post the thread my drive decides to start reading it. Ain't technology wonderful?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Yeah, I was going to suggest that your drive was the problem :P. I hope you don't have anymore problems after installing it :).
  • edited January 2010
    Ain't it a big, wonderful coincidence?

*uses force and breaks your drive*
  • edited January 2010
    Alternatively, I could take it as a sign that I'm not meant to play season 2.

Naw, I finished Ice Station Santa last night. Actually, what made it start working is that instead of just opening the drive and closing it again, I finally took the disc out and put it back in. It looked perfectly normal, but I guess the drive didn't like how it was sitting.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I finally took the disc out and put it back in. It looked perfectly normal, but I guess the drive didn't like how it was sitting.

For the record, don't do this.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeesh. I assure you, it looked nothing like that.
  • edited January 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »

I would classify that as a drive problem.
  • edited January 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »

I've had that happen once or twice. Luckily, it didn't damage the discs.
This discussion has been closed.