Tales of Monkey Island - Menu and dialogs glitch - Macbook - Parellels

edited February 2010 in Game Support
Hi all,

Please accept my apologies if this has already been answered in another thread but I have spent hours searching for the solution in the game support forum without much success.

I run Parallels on my MacBook. The demo works except that I am unable to see the dialogs in the game and the menu. I attached the screen capture.

I have an ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB VRAM. I must have tried all possible resolutions but no changes. DirectX9.0c is installed.

http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag

I would very much appreciate your help if you have any idea how to fix that.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Laurent

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I try my luck reviving my thread ...

Desperate here.

Cheers,
    Laurent
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I'll give it a try. Which version of Parallels are you running?

Also, have you read this thread?
  • edited February 2010
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Parallels build is 4.0.3848.

I read and tried but it did not work for me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    On regular systems I've seen that effect with old graphics drivers. I don't know how to update the ones in Parallels though.
    You could test the Trial version of parallels 5. It's supposed to be much faster for 3D games too.
    If that doesn't work either you could try Crossover Games or Boot Camp.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    As of today you are able to download a Mac Version of Tales of Monkey Island. That should solve your problem.
  • SegSeg
    edited February 2010
    You have no idea how much it excites me that our fix for any problem in virtualization is to simply use the native Mac version. :D
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Seg wrote: »
    You have no idea how much it excites me that our fix for any problem in virtualization is to simply use the native Mac version. :D

I am really happy for the Mac guys and that they now have the best possible solution to run your games.
    Makes me kinda wish i had a MacBook for no reason but testing the games :D
This discussion has been closed.