deadly intent problems

edited March 2010 in Game Support
I need help,i have the new CSI deadly intent game for my pc which is xp home edition, i installed it on with no problems at all it plays well and wot not, but when i went to put it on my laptop, which is vista, i have to manually install it by going to setup, it has now installed but when i try and play the game it wont load, i get a white screen and a message saying telltale games is not responding :(
any help would be appreciated
thanks
:)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    Have you made sure that your Graphics and Audio drivers are up to date?
    Also try running the DirectX updater.

If that doesn't help please attach a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi there, i have done the updates that were suggested though the laptop works better now im still haveing problems with deadly intent, still saying not responding so i have attached the file you requested thanks so much.:)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I noticed that you don't have Vista Service Pack 2 installed.
    You should install it and the other latest vista updates.
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 5/31/2007 08:51:14, 2551808 bytes

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Date and Size: 7/18/2007 17:32:40, 1841312 bytes

Your Audio and Video drivers are quite old, but toshiba doesn't seem to provide newer ones for Vista.

You should be able to just update to the Realtek HDA Driver.

As for the Intel graphics it might be a little bit more complicated. Often laptop manufacturers prevent installation of the original Intel drivers.
    You can try to install the Intel GMA Driver .exe .
    If it gives you an error message and you are a bit tech savvy you can try to manually install it following these instructions. You need to either unzip the .exe (e.g. using 7-zip) or download and unzip the Intel GMA Driver .zip in order to have the required files for the manual installation.
    Be aware that there is a certain risk of the driver not working properly and you should know how to boot windows in safe mode and recover from it just in case.
  • edited February 2010
    I am having problems too I received this crummy game for a xmas gift it has never worked looks like the developer cares more about his penis than if his game works
  • edited February 2010
    Hi,

I am playing Deadly Intent for the Wii and I am on the first case, Broken Hearted. I have found the last piece of the ashtray but when I went to combine it with the pieces I already had it was alrea:confused::confused:dy completely put together. Here's the problem, I know that there is a print that I need to get from the back of the ashtray, so when I open it up on the assembly table it shows the ashtray in one piece. If I open it up in evidence though, it comes up as two seperate pieces so I am not able to get a print. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone help? Thanks!
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    @CHUNTYONE

When looking at the Ashtray on the Evidence Table, are you sure there isn't a smaller piece hiding underneath the larger, mostly assembled Ashtray?

Try moving the large Ashtray piece around and see if you can find anything hiding underneath.
This discussion has been closed.