Tmnt

edited November 2006 in General Chat
I know this is old news, but I was wonder what everyone thinks of the new Ninja Turtles movie coming out in March?
I grew up in the Turtles craze, so I'm definatly going to be in line to see it. I've read interviews that it's going for a darker feel (even more so then the first movie)
Trailer

Comments

• edited November 2006
    i'm excited..i'm an original tmnt fan like yourself
  • edited November 2006
    I recently couldn't resist buying the first movie on DVD. I can't wait to watch it in widescreen.

Raph: "But I lost a sai!"
    Splinter: "Then it is gone"
    Raph: "But I can get it back! I can get it back!"

Classic!
  • edited November 2006
    I'm... perplexed. I'm a 90's kid but I still liked the TMNT mostly because TVNZ plays cartoon shows for as long as it's legally allowed to, not according to their popularity. But how can a movie about Ninja Turtles of the Teenage variety who are under the guidance of a big talking rat be considered dark?

Oh, and "After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family."? Can you say teenage angst anyone? Oh! Maybe, Teenage Mutant Emo Turtles! :)
  • edited November 2006
    But how can a movie about Ninja Turtles of the Teenage variety who are under the guidance of a big talking rat be considered dark?

The same way Sam and Max: Season One is supposed to be more grittier than Hit the Road or the old TV series--being more true to the comic books.
  • edited November 2006
    numble wrote: »
    The same way Sam and Max: Season One is supposed to be more grittier than Hit the Road or the old TV series--being more true to the comic books.

True. But you got to admit, it sounds funny when you say it out loud. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles doesn't really sound so... serious. Much like a 6 foot canine detective and a 3 and a half foot rabbity thingy who go about beating up former chld stars. :D
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, it's all relative. TMNT is still going to be funny and probably wacky (as is evident at the end of the trailer), but maybe just not as toned down--for example, the Sam and Max television series didn't show the duo with guns, and TMNT started preventing Michaelangelo from showing his nunchaks due to problems with censors, I think.

I think the Simpsons, Futurama, and the Pixar movies broke ground by making it "okay" to have adultish humor alongside children fare.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.