Sam and his gun... What do you like?

edited January 2010 in Sam & Max
I personally like the TellTale way, but I was wondering about all others..

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I never thought of this. Interesting how many polls can pop up in a forum. Paradise for trigger happy index fingers. :)

It is funny when Sam & Max use their guns more often and more frantically, but I don't think that would work in the game. At least not if it's supposed to be a solution to a puzzle, and you need to click five times and hope that Sam eventually hits what you were aiming at. :P I suppose it depends on the context and medium used.
  • edited January 2010
    I like the Telltale away, always dead-on shots gives Sam's character a nice sense of security.

I would let him protect my life any day, if I was a witness or something.
  • edited January 2010
    I don't know what you're talking about. When I play the Telltale games, Sam shoots his gun all over the place, especially when I get stuck.

But I'd prefer either over Sam not having a gun at all. It's his gun.
  • edited January 2010
    Just as long as Max doesn't have a gun : )

No, on second thought, that would be pretty interesting!
  • edited January 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about. When I play the Telltale games, Sam shoots his gun all over the place, especially when I get stuck.

Haha, yes, same here! I wonder if Telltale actually intended for it to be a stress reliever.
  • edited January 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »

That's exactly what happens to me as well. Sometimes I have more fun just randomly shooting things than actually trying to solve the puzzle :p

Likewise, I prefer Sam having his gun either way, though I'm personally fond of Telltale's portrayal of a more laid-back kind of guy when it comes to his gun (during moments when the player can't intervene).
  • edited January 2010
    Sam and his gun are cool as heck, either Sam is a lousy aimer or not.

Buuut I kinda like the idea of Sam shooting randomly in a crowded alley. It just, you know, adds to the humor.
  • edited January 2010
    What about the cartoon? I can't remember if he got to use a gun outside of episode 1 or not, but Max got to use some in several episodes.

Anyway, I like Sam WITH his gun.

4311211590_eefc0886de_b.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.