Site downtime soon! [status: site is back up!]

David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
edited July 2010 in Site Support
At around 3:30pm Pacific (~10 minutes from time of posting) We'll be taking the site down for approximately 90 minutes.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but the end result will be a more reliable and faster-loading website!

Comments

• David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    And (I think) we're back!

Report weird site behavior in this thread, if you see any. Thanks!
  • edited January 2010
    Well, I'm struggling to post comments at the moment. I don't know if I'm the only one or not.
    edited January 2010
    Could you be more specific? Are you getting any kind of error message, or is it just not showing up? It's possible that your comment is getting flagged as spam automatically.
  • edited January 2010
    "Sorry, something went wrong with your request. Our tech people have been notified." is the message that comes up.
  • edited January 2010
    I've tried posting multiple times and refreshing the page but nothing really seems to be doing it.
    edited January 2010
    Ah, ok. I can confirm that error. Thanks for reporting it!
  • edited January 2010
    No worries. Thanks for helping.
    edited January 2010
    Looks like comments are fixed. Please try 'em now :)
  • edited January 2010
    Everything's shipshape for me!
  • edited January 2010
    I'm having trouble ordering bagels from your Telltale store. I think there might be a glitch in the system. That and I keep getting messages about buying your wares.

Am I the only one experiencing this abnormal behavior?

*warning: this post contains traces of a horrible sense of humour*
  • edited January 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    Everything's shipshape for me!

What shape is that ship exactly?
    Yeah, the things of every are fine.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm having trouble ordering bagels from your Telltale store.

I had no trouble ordering them, but it wouldn't let me use my coupons on them.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I am getting a lot of Database Errors today while browsing the Forums. At least 8 times within the last hour.
    caa27_1264754617.png
    Browsing the site (e.g. Blog) I sometimes get this page instead.
  • edited January 2010
    I've noticed this as well.
  • edited January 2010
    Me too. Ctrl-F5 is enough to get past them, but still.
  • edited January 2010
    I keept getting the database error, pretty much every time i click new post, or submit.
  • edited January 2010
    Same here... or the "Oh, crumbs" page with an image in the middle FF doesn't load...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Ditto on the database errors and the "Oh Crumbs" page making a frequent appearance.

Although it is rather amusing that the "Oh Crumbs" page itself is broken. :D
  • edited January 2010
    Just to add, experiencing the same problems as above.
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys, sorry for the downtime. It looks like our database wasn't allowing enough people to connect at one time, but that's been fixed.
  • edited July 2010
    David E wrote: »
    Could you be more specific? Are you getting any kind of error message, or is it just not showing up? It's possible that your comment is getting flagged as spam automatically.

Looks like it's not entirely fixed.

My comments are being automatically flagged as spam. I just tried to add a comment to this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-607 and both comments I made were instantly flagged in this way.
This discussion has been closed.