HP Mini - 1024x576 resolution - getting Sam & Max to work

edited February 2010 in Game Support
Hi guys,
i had a fairly traumatic time getting Sam & Max 101 to work on my HP Mini so i thought i'd post what i went through incase anyone else is having the same trouble.

The first thing i had trouble with (apart from some CD key issues that where dealt with amazingly quickly by the support staff) was starting the game itself. When i went to start the game there was a strange flickering - a problem i've had with other programs as well. It seems that when a program tries to strt in 800x600 fullscreen on my netbook with a native resolution of 1024x576 there are a few problems.

Luckily while it was flashing i was able to switch to windowed mode by hitting alt+enter. it seemed to start up - i could hear the intro music but not see anything. i closed it and reopened - this time it loaded up with visuals as well but was in 800x600 still. I went to go into the options but i could get into them, the other menu items worked fine, but the game seemed to lock-up when trying to access the options. I searched the forums for a while but couldn't find a solution.

Next i tried to run it in 640x480 using the compatability settings (i'm running windows 7). hen i tried to start it up then my screen resolution changed and S&M101 loaded in a window. i closed it off believing it hadn't done anything positive. i removed the 'Run in 640x480 Screen Resolution' option and tried to start it up again, amazingly the 640x480 had stuck and it loaded up fine! So i can now play!

I still havent been able to access the options section it works. Loading times are a little slow but i'd say thats just my not-so-powerful netbook.

Hope this helps - Aranor

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I would just sit tight as there is a perfs (or is it prefs?) file that an official Telltaler can probably get you that would fix you up just fine.
  • SegSeg
    edited February 2010
    Aranor: Can you give me the exact model number of your Dell Mini?

While you're waiting for a response back, go ahead and download/install this DirectX update.
This discussion has been closed.