Steam

cYncYn
edited February 2010 in Sam & Max
Can the games bought here on the site be registered against steam using the CD-Key given here? Only reason I ask is because steam downloads are free for myself where as normal downloads will really screw me for the month :)

Thanks for any help you can give! Ta!

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2010
    No, they can't.
  • edited February 2010
    I would also reccomend purchasing directly from Telltale vs Steam. You can order a disc version with bonus features that you simply can't get with Steam.
  • edited February 2010
    Aww you missed the holiday sale.

$15 for seasons 1 & 2.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    They're right, Steam is its own company with its own sales and promotions, so our game codes are not interchangeable. If you're having download trouble, you can buy the DVD version and install it from the disc, or buy from Steam as it seems to be a better option for you.
    Hope this helps!
  • edited February 2010
    I'd buy the discs if I lived in the US but those overseas shipping costs are crazy!

Plus steam is so easy. I've kinda bought more games than I know how to play because most of them were dirt cheap.
  • edited February 2010
    Well I don't find it hard to get it from Telltale Store...
  • cYncYn
    edited February 2010
    I don't find it hard, I just don't have an over exhuberant download limit is all.
    Steam downloads are unmetered with my provider though. Was just a quick question. I may have to buy the disk but wow, overseas shipping is large :eek:
  • edited February 2010
    It should be down now, right?
    It was around $10,- a year ago.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Our shipping rates have gone up, but I think we're looking into other shipping options to make it less excessive. Try again now and see if the options have changed, but I don't admit to being an expert on the subject.
  • cYncYn
    edited February 2010
    $16.95 at the cheapest atm.
  • edited February 2010
    How is steam unlimited but other downloads not? Where do you live anyway?

I mean I've heard of places like Australia having bandwidth limits but this just sounds silly XD

Anyway if you must, over Steam it's $60 for both seasons and 30 individually. Like I said, shame you missed the $15 sale XP
    Of course some money goes to Valve for hosting...
    Also season 1 episode 4 is available for free it seems.
  • edited February 2010

I mean I've heard of places like Australia having bandwidth limits but this just sounds silly XD

Anyway if you must, over Steam it's $60 for both seasons and 30 individually. Like I said, shame you missed the $15 sale XP
    Verification limits. For example, Telltale's games(if the policy hasn't changed) gives you 20 verifications. Steam gives you unlimited verifications over the course of the life of the service(as long as that policy doesn't change), because it's linked to a pretty advanced form of DRM that provides that benefit as long as you use their client.
  • cYncYn
    edited February 2010

I live in Australia. :(

My ISP has any data hosted on it's servers as free content. Just so happens it has a steam server (A company called Internode) and any data downloaded through said server is free and not counted against my 10 gig per month limit.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.