Sam & Max S1 (Steam) Language + Resolution/Font Problem

edited February 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

I'm currently playing Season One of Sam & Max on Steam in german language. I've got two little problems:

1. The font in the options menu seems to be too large, also in the 1024 resolution. (Pic: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/hrdq4v0/samnmax_resi.jpg)

2. Sometimes the spoken text switches too fast, so that the both passages of two chars interfere with each other. Sometimes also the last sounds/words of a spoken text passage are cut off.

I've reinstalled the whole game, turned all options on/off (resolution, subtitles, fullscreen etc.) - but no improvement. Also the drivers are all up to date. Any ideas?

best regards!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    sp4ce wrote: »
    1. The font in the options menu seems to be too large, also in the 1024 resolution. (Pic: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/hrdq4v0/samnmax_resi.jpg)
    I'm pretty sure that's not the font being too big, but the translated text being too long (or rather, longer than it's English counterpart).

In English, it's "Resolution" instead of "Bildauflösung" (and to be honest - "Auflösung" really would have sufficed), and it's "Apply" instead of "Anwenden" (personally, I'd have used "OK" for that button). Seems to me like they handed a list of text to someone for translation without ever showing them the layout the text had to fit into...

Also, they chose to use "niedrig" and "Hoch" as options for graphics quality, which is totally wonky as far as capitalization is concerned... :(

I'd blame JoWood, though, as I'm pretty sure Telltale wasn't directly involved in the game's German translation...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Actually, this is a Steam problem, but easily fixable. Ok, go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sam and max episode 1\Pack\data (or wherever your steam folder is). In this folder, you should see two files, SamMax101_german.ttarch and SamMax101_english.ttarch. Make sure you delete the ENGLISH version of the file. You will need to do this for all 5 episodes I'm afraid. Then boot up the game and everything should be fine.
  • edited February 2010
    Now, everything is perfect. Thanks for the fast help!
    Awesome game btw! :D
This discussion has been closed.